• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wipers slow

acesneights1

My wipers are really slow and don't change speed with the switch. There was a 3 capacitor harness that was disconnected that went inline with the wiper motor. I tried hooking it back up but no difference. My father is a retired Air force radio tech and said that those were a filter. So is the motor toast ?

68impalass

could be the transmissions, the thingys the wiper arms attach to. spray some lube behind them, sometimes it works! Or the grease in the armature housing has turned to concrete, time for a new motor

bp m1009

yea mine are the same way they're really slow when i first start the truck and sometimes they'll go faster but i only have one speed, when i switch speeds it doesnt do anything it goes at exactly the same speed??

bushhawg73

Mine just quit working three days ago. I took the wipers off, removed the slotted peice of metal behind the hood and then the plastic screen. I found a sweatshirt wrapped around the wiper motor arm where it connected to the long rods. Looks like a rodent was building a nest. Removed that and cleaned out a bunch of leaves and now it works perfectly. A real pain to get to. Not really wanting to put it all back together just yet. I may remove the hood next time.

acesneights1

yea mine are the same way they're really slow when i first start the truck and sometimes they'll go faster but i only have one speed, when i switch speeds it doesnt do anything it goes at exactly the same speed??
Exactly what mine is doing. Ok so b4 I blow some dough I'll try some lube and cleaning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks