• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wipers, tailights and break lights update

GPW661

I gotta say first of all about us MV's.....We aint no corvette club. Meaning that if ever im at a MV show and I have a problem...so many MV collectors are willing to turn a wrench and help out.:grd:
My wiper's died,,I went nuts trying to fin out the problems,,one mv'er who owns 8 cucv told me just direct plug in the power source and by-pass the resistors..I did..wow it worked.:roll:
No the tail lights....driver's side had something real funky going on..On my back up bulbs..someone from the motor pool put in a double filament bulb with only one (pick up) on the plug in side.The tail light marker bulb area had a melted plastic plug inside with a 1194 bulb inside.:roll:
Finally the stop,tail light bulb area was shorted out....:roll:
That's why I kept melting my 30 amp fuse:roll:

I will let you all know how things are in acouple of days.;-)

I have to agree with your sentiment about the willingness of us truck drivers to lend a hand. It truly is a unique group of folks, although I've seen it as well in 4wd and RV circles. It's not centered on the bling or any materialistic motivation, it's all about the utility, and when things aren't working, there's a vortex that needs to be filled. And I'm glad that you, and I, have been on the receiving side of so much good nature. Pass it on.

yamabro

I agree, it's all the same at the watercraft races. motor goes down and before you know it you've got to many hands in the engine comp. I love this site