• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wire Crimpers

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm Posting here because that's were I was reading about the Daniels Machine AF-8 crimpers. I looked at them on E-Bay and found all kinds of AF-8 crimpers, yet all different. Anybody know exactly which AF-8 to get. I'm not sure what the other numbers mean, but there are alot of them. Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I did a search and none of the 174 listed look like mine. I think most of the turret ones with all 3 sizes will work, but will wait for someone else to confirm. Mine has individual dies in the handle.

steelandcanvas

I did not have good luck with the AF-8's when trying to crimp the pins on the rubber Mil-Spec connectors. I used my Thomas & Betts crimpers with better results. Anyone else have trouble with
AF-8's? Am I doing something wrong?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get the numbers off mine. I've had nothing but good results with mine. I don't use the turret drums and you do need to slip the tension ring off of the female connectors to slide them through the AF-8. Jones made a little tool for doing that and I need to do the same.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, no turret needed. Doing the ring is kind of a PITA but overall it is easy.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be wrong but nobody in that thread ever said which AF-8 to get. There are a bunch of different numbers. Not sure if they are all the same, since some are for the smaller wire. Would someone check theirs. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks