• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wire gauge

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up some slave ends for a jumper set , and what I am trying to find out is what gauge wire is used on the jumpers sets . I would like to use Welding cable if possible as it is more flexible . it seems either # 1 or 2 , or maybe 0 . Also what is the typical length of a set , as the sets I have seen appear at least 15-20' long . I think my WALLET is going to take a BIG hit on this , LOL .:tank: bob k

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most I have seen are 20' and 00 on the cable. Waiting on the cable Gods to drop off 40' at my AO.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The think the slave cables are 2/0, but I think for our use on trucks that 1/0 should be fine.

swede69

where did you get your slave ends an what is the damage on them? the guy i deal with said he can make some 20footers for $100. did not know if that was a good deal or not. thanks jon

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you one and all for the info , ya , I was thinking 20-25 feet would be good . As for the wire , I will check DEl CITY , TSC and McMaster-Carr , see who has the best deal . Del City has welding wire in 25 foot rolls , which would be perfect . I already have some lugs and my lug tool , so hopefully this will work without setting fire to my MV ! LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks