• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wireing harness question

Buzz

| pi | wiring-connectors | ACDelco TechConnect

I found this site just in case your looking for a connector, these trucks are old enough all the connectors should be provided by AC Delco, the newer gm vehicles use connectors from all differant suppliers I was told this is so the unions cant shut GM down in case one company strikes they can just get connectors from another source.:)

THolzknecht

so what do you think warthog can you give me your opinions on the pictures and eastern surplus just got ten
parts trucks my question is will the wiring from say a 1008 or 1009 work with my 1028? is it just the m1010 that's different?
are most of the parts are interchangeable?

The truck is a 1984-1985 CUCV M1028 and M1008.
Yes I looked in the TM with no luck thus far.

Ahh I see its not allowed to mix wiring from dash wiring tail light wiring cant hang here. Point taken will start new thread from this point forward, Gracias.

Here is the harness that the short pigtails I'm looking for hook into.
No this item does not include the pigtails, I asked the seller, He didn't know the NSN for the pigtails either.

CUCV M1008 PICKUP NEW REAR HARNESS - eBay (item 330428590087 end time Feb-22-11 18:16:01 PST)

You need to tell us what type of truck it is. Have you tried looking in the parts manual for the NSN?

And since this a thread on dash wiring and not tail light wiring you might want to start a new thread.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
so what do you think warthog can you give me your opinions on the pictures and eastern surplus just got ten
parts trucks my question is will the wiring from say a 1008 or 1009 work with my 1028? is it just the m1010 that's different?
are most of the parts are interchangeable?
We need more detailed pictures of the glow plug relay area. And where does the single red wire run too? The one running across the intake manifold.

Almost all the parts are interchangable between the CUCVs. The M1010 electrical is slightly different. There rear wiring is also different on some of the pickups.

You just have to check the parts manuals.

RoboGaJr

Never posted anything here so this is my first. Please bare with me. I have a 1986 M1009. Has been converted from 24 to 12v. Glow plugs have been changed to manual. I'm having problems with it starting and was going to check to see if it was wired correctly because I don't hear the clicking sound when the button is pushed for the glow plugs. In a short rough description it is wired like this. Wire from bat to Junction block on fire wall. then to switch inside cab with glow plugs attached to the other side of the switch. I don't see anything relating to glow plugs on the solenoid. Looks like someone has just wired it straight to the bats with switch in middle. Can't be right.

Regards
Rob

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That must be a BIG switch to handle the load the glowplugs require. Say the size of a Glowplug relay?

Whoever did the manual bypass didn't know what they where doing.

Sounds like it is time to figure out what you have and start over.