• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring diagram for 12 pin trailer plug on m923?

glassk

Thanks for the schematic, very nice,..

even the next one up lists
Output: 13.8VDC @ 5A Continous
7 min. @10A max/ 1min. @ 15A

So only 5 Amp output would fall short , would not be worth loosing trailer lights over saving a buck,..

Cobra2401

How do you get 12v going to the plug,which powers the trailer lights. Not sure iron looking at the diagram right. The wires on the truck plug are 24v. Then it shows the brown taillight wires running off the 24-12v reducer. Sorry if it like a stupid question? Thanks

steelandcanvas

How do you get 12v going to the plug,which powers the trailer lights. Not sure iron looking at the diagram right. The wires on the truck plug are 24v. Then it shows the brown taillight wires running off the 24-12v reducer. Sorry if it like a stupid question? Thanks
In Mike's diagram he picks up 24 volts from the tail-light circuit #23 and runs it to a converter (24 volt to 12 volt) then to the Normally Open contacts on the Left turn and Right turn relays.

mikew

The converter doesn't hook into the "12 Pin NATO Socket" on the back of your truck.

Although most all military trailers will plug into the 12 Pin NATO Socket, no civilian trailer will.

You need to purchase a civilian socket that matches the trailer you're wanting to pull and connect the converters 12 volt light circuit outputs to that socket.

I use a socket that is a combination of "7-Way RV", "4-Pin Flat" and "5-Pin Flat". That socket will allow you to connect most civilian trailers.

glassk

Was looking at it wrong, A & H on truck side unused , plus tail giving power cuts out a realay, if I have caught up

Last edited:

glassk

I have just bought an M116A, will be using a Regular Chevy to pull it . I am planning on putting a 7 way on the trailer and 12 volt bulbs ,

Cobra2401

Share This Product

Square Base General Purpose Relay, Number of Pins 4, Contact Form SPST, Normally Open, Contact Current Rating Resistive 10 Amps, Contact Current Rating Inductive 7 Amps, Coil Voltage Rating 24 VDC, Coil Current Rating 22 Milliamps, HP Rating @ 240VAC 1/2 HP, HP Rating @ 120VAC 1/3 HP, Flange Mount

Cobra2401

ItemRelay
TypeFlange Mount
Contact FormSPST-NO
Pins4
Base TypeSquare
SocketNone
Contact Amp Rating (Resistive)10
Contact Amp Rating (Inductive)7HP @ 120V1/3HP @ 240V1/2Coil Volts24VDCCoil VA Rating0.52

36deuce

Hey guys I'm in the same boat. I was thinking of just using emergency trailer lights install 24v bulbs. Now that I got diagram were can I get male adapter to plug into truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks