• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring gremlins...

E-Brake light remains on all the time, seat belt light works only occasionally.

Have checked all crimps/ends/connections and seem to be good, had to remove the seat belt buzzer (why on earth did these trucks have one anyway? You are tactical, get in and key the ignition and BZZZZZ!!!!) as it wouldn't stop (darn alarms are so ANNOYING!)

Before I start pulling out the fuse block and ebrake to check in more depth - any ideas?j

86m1028

Check both of the switches with a meter to see if they are working.

I can understand the park brake, but who cares about the seatbelt light ???

JSF01

Wait!!! These trucks have warning buzzers :shock:

When I had first bought my truck I actually did not know that. When I was poking around the wiring system I found the buzzer boxes and was like "Hmm what are those, they look like there is a speeker thing in them." So I figured they had to be some time of warning buzzer that broke. Then I thought more about, and I would put money on that they did not break, it's far more likley some soldier got tired of it and dissabled it. Its not the first military vehicle with some warning buzzer that did not work that I have come acoss.

As for your particular problems The only thing I can say is start tracing the wires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks