• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring harness - CUCV underhood

acmunro

Does anyone have an extra under hood wiring harness for a CUCV thats in good shape ? Also looking for a Coolant overflow bottle from the CUCV. If so how much with shipping to 15851. My M1010 had caught fire at the box on the fender. I am going to convert it to the standard CUCV charging system.
Thanks

84cucv1ton

i have a good one from a m1008. i will dig it out and take a look. was this the m1010 you got from my father? how he m1028 doing? get it on the road?

acmunro

Thanks Mike, This is a different M1010 I never got the Injector Pump changed on the one I got from your father. I did not get the M1028 finished yet either. This M1010 had a light fire in the right front by the dreaded box. I'm not sure what the correct term is for it. I cut all of the burned up wires that went to it and taped them off, also cut and taped the wires for the lights up front because the were burned also. I then removed what was left of the Radiator shroud, the overflow bottle and the washer fluid bottle. Replaced the upper radiator hose and filled the coolant. I was then able to get it running. I think if I had the wiring harness from a M1008/M1009/M1028/M1031 that would be the easiest way to convert to the Delco Alternators. That and the overflow bottle and I would be set.

acmunro

Is the overflow the same as a civilian truck? I would look in junk yards, but I like junkyards.
I like junk yards too. The overflow bottle is different from the ones on the civilian diesel trucks. I wonder if one from a van would be the same ? Any one out there with a civilian van of the 80's era ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks