• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring harness fried

sermis

Went to replace a bolt on the alternator. The spacer fell into the back. Yep that's my luck. So I had to remove the alt to get the spacer out. Well I guess I put a wire back on in the wrong place. Turned the key on to start and nothing. Then it looked like a smoke bomb going off under the hood. Water to keep it from burning to the ground. Would have pics but I was really scarred it would burn up.
Anyone have a wiring harness they want to get rid of?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sermis

Went to replace a bolt on the alternator. The spacer fell into the back. Yep that's my luck. So I had to remove the alt to get the spacer out. Well I guess I put a wire back on in the wrong place. Turned the key on to start and nothing. Then it looked like a smoke bomb going off under the hood. Water to keep it from burning to the ground. Would have pics but I was really scarred it would burn up.
Anyone have a wiring harness they want to get rid of?

What happens when you put 24V to direct ground. Lucky on a keyed switch which might have saved it. Right now only damage seams to be wiring harness.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You very well will need more then an engine harness...you can bet your EESS is fried as well, possibly body harness as well, do a good inspection and open up your EESS and take a visual and sniff test.

sermis

You very well will need more then an engine harness...you can bet your EESS is fried as well, possibly body harness as well, do a good inspection and open up your EESS and take a visual and sniff test.
Surprisingly all guages are working, it starts and runs and is charging.
I had glow plug issues before and they are on a push button desperate circuit.
Looking for a new harness.
Question. Will a harness for a 4L80 work if still running the 3 speed? I would like to upgrade sometime just not right now.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surprisingly all guages are working, it starts and runs and is charging.
I had glow plug issues before and they are on a push button desperate circuit.
Looking for a new harness.
Question. Will a harness for a 4L80 work if still running the 3 speed? I would like to upgrade sometime just not right now.

Most people beleove that the only reason for the box is glow plugs, that’s only one function.
folks find out all to often that’s not the case...usually once they see smoke and sparks.

sermis

Well almost done. Need glow plugs in stalled and a few clamps. All new including smart start box.

sermis

I have the glow plug wire harness,new $75 shipped.
I'm hoping the new harness will get the glow plugs working right. They never worked with the smart box ever since I got the truck. I had rigged a harness with push button and timer and worked great until I put the truck on display at the air show. Kids kept pushing the button and burned out the plugs.

Action

I'm hoping the new harness will get the glow plugs working right. They never worked with the smart box ever since I got the truck. I had rigged a harness with push button and timer and worked great until I put the truck on display at the air show. Kids kept pushing the button and burned out the plugs.

disconnect the batteries for the next show. And chock the wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks