• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring Harness Modification

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am bobbing my deuce and am wondering what most people do with the rear wiring harness. I know I could coil the extra length at the frame rail or shorten the wire using butt connectors. Any suggestions or experiences?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can take the plug apart, un-solder the wires/shorten it appropriately, slide the metal ID tags back too, and the job would be professional! It doesn't really take all that long, to do it right.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking of using butt connectors covered by heat shrink tubing. I do like the idea of reusing the metal identity tags.

KsM715

If you cut it please re-use the tags, youll save yourself or future owner any severe headaches should any problems arise.

Mine, I just looped the extra lenght. Quik and easy.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I'd take the plug apart and solder. It is the best way, but a little more work.:driver: