• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring issue

jeepjseries

So i removed my dash to fix the blower switch, I replaced the bulb for gen 1 and the oil pressure light. I discovered switched for my oil pressure and gen 1 light stayed on. Also I noticed that the first battery wasn't getting proper voltage unless that bulb works and the drain is only coming from the front battery. Any ideas on how to fix this? First thought was maybe the alternator diodes sticking was causing it but the oil light is also on....

K9Vic

The alternators need the indicator bulbs in the dash to complete the circuit, so if you have a bulb out your charging system will not work. If you have the cluster out, change all the bulbs at one time, may cost some more $$, but you know you have all new bulbs. Also clean all the contacts on the circuit board and connectors/plugs.