• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiring questions

Broncorick

My M37 had the wire guts ripped out, so even with some NOS wiring a little confusing. One of the douglas connectors is unclear of its use The tab with a hole was just there, no attachment so I thought it was a ground but apparently not?? Where is ground for headlight? Thanks in advance20170706_203318_resized.jpg20170706_203321_resized.jpg

just me

Headlights ground to a bolt on the inner fender by the clips for the Douglas connectors. You could use that to do it. I just used a ring terminal. That wouldn't require tools when you remove the fender for service

Elwood1968

Broncorick, that "L" shaped terminal is an attachment bracket for an unused Douglas connector. There is likely no pin on the male half of the connector (the half attached to the "L" bracket), so it doesn't connect the circuit to ground.

You'll usually find one of these "L" bracket dead ends under the dash. The wire is #85, which is spliced into #27 (the feed for the instrument spider harness), is hot when the ignition switch is on, and is intended for a light socket in the M42 version of the M37.