• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring

Doug D.

Not to hijack your thread, but this may be of interest to you for interior lights: How To: Interior "Dome" lights - without door switches

To answer your question, I ran wire(s) direct to the 12V post and 24V terminal posts of the battery - fused of course, for power source. And I got ignition signals off the switch behind the dash.
Just looking for a switched wire in the dash---just to be simple.

Wildland

I ran into a power drain of my batts running it to the 12v batt post (leds) so asked an auto electrician. He said run these to the 14v post on the top of the alternator and establish a fuse panel from there. Havent tried it yet but Im going to.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Doug D.

I ran into a power drain of my batts running it to the 12v batt post (leds) so asked an auto electrician. He said run these to the 14v post on the top of the alternator and establish a fuse panel from there. Havent tried it yet but Im going to.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
yea i am good with 24 volt as the lights i have are 24 volt. Just need to know what wire i can connect to behind dash that is switched.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two circuit breakers behind the inst. cluster, if not pulling more than 5A or so you can tap into wire tagged 27D
That is a switched power source from the EESS box and is protected by the breaker BUT the breaker is large enough to fry the small wire you will be using for the LED lights so I would fuse it at the tapping point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks