• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin Robin Diesel Genset

pnishr

I have two of these. Both have run. The injector for one needed rebuilding, so I had both serviced. The rubber and plastic on these, as one would imagine, are not in the greatest condition. I already replaced the hoses, but when re-assembling on Saturday, the T-fitting broke (on both). I did a work-around on one, as the purpose of the T (actually has one inlet and 3 outlets) is just fuel return. One to the tank, one to the filter, one to the auxillary tank outlet valve. I've tried sourcing the correct filters for these with no luck. I think I'm going to re-route it, with only two return lines, one to the tank, one to the auxillary tank out. Then finding a filter with one inlet, one outlet (instead of two inlets) should be easier. I don't imagine I'll ever run an auxillary tank, so I may just remove that option entirely just to simplify things. Anyway, one of them is running now, the other I'll do the work-around this weekend and get it up and going. Both have less than 100hrs on them. For a few hundred bucks each, it's not too bad for a portable (can move by myself with enough motivation) diesel generator.