• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WISH ME LUCK

kx250m1

Tomorrow night I will be heading up to get my deuce on thursday morning, I think I have everything I need

dot 5 brake fluid
10 gallons diesel fuel
2 gallons of 30 weight motor oil
1 gallon of 80/90 weight oil
5 gallons of water,
bottle jack
and about all of my tools,

any other suggestions of things to bring? I was thinking of picking up an extra primary fuel filter, and radiator hoses, anyone got napa part #s

Attachments

DanMartin

I assume you've seen the "great list" sticky:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=143

Here's my 2cents

Flares, road triangles, gloves, charged mobile phone, ear protection, phone numbers for heavy duty wrecker service along the way, temporary license (if needed in Wi), large recovery strap, impact wrench with budd socket (with air hose connection to glad-hand), air chuck w/ pressure gauge that goes to at least 80psi, snacks, (drinking) water, window cleaner & rags, roll of shop towels, can of brake cleaner, multi-meter for debugging electrical gremlins, an empty credit card for fuel and anything else you forgot to bring, some diesel kleen or other good fuel treatment, proof of insurance, a camera for taking pics (not sure if you're getting this from GL, but sometimes a camera may not be allowed on a base), a chase car with a competent driver, 2 way FRS radio of some kind.

Good luck on your trip...please take lots of pics and post about your journey when you get back....we love those "recovery" threads.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good luck! Take lots of pics!

:beer:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bar to get the spare down..just in case! Good luck and snap some pics!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: WISH ME LUCK

Michael said:
I use google to find the closest wal mart and napa along my route home.

Fan belts and air compressor belt.
Batteries

I also downloaded local Walmarts and Tractor Supplies in the area. That could be expanded out to auto stores as well. I also took pics of Google maps on my phone.

Good luck

kx250m1

I'll take plenty of pics, and I'll have internet with "laptop and wireless card" so I'll be able to find anything I need, also thanks for the help, as I had forgotten hearing protection, the ice in the pic shows how long ago I purchased this on gl auction