• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wish my deuce was like this

Murdawg

I would not beat on mine like that but, wow that is some black smoke it is blowing out. It looks like my 12v cummins I had turned up all the way. I just didn't know they were capable of that. That other one sounds spent.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm sure he would love it when he ran over the chain lead to his winch! About half way through the video, you could see it drop down off the bumper. Run some WMO, it'll darken your exhaust for ya!

Murdawg

I run 50-75 % WMO and it doesn't really smoke anymore than before. I think my bobbed one is a clean burn. Our dump deuce puts out way more just on diesel.

nhdiesel

Ahhh, diesel myths. Turning up fuel won't make a rod knock, or burn up bearings. If you go too far you can melt a piston or blow a head gasket. Watching the first video, his EGTs were probably fine, because it only smoked when he first got on the throttle. Once the turbo spooled, it cleaned right up. But to be safe, if you are turning up a diesel, install a pyrometer.

Jim

blacktop_one

Looks like smaller front tires on the firetruck. Mud not withstanding, won't having smaller diameter front tires (than the rears) cause driveline bind up?

Jake0147

Not in that mud, nothing is bound up there. With poor traction, there is always a release for incorrect geared wheel speed.. On a dry road, yes they would bind a driveline with an air shifted transfer case if it were engaged. On a hunch I'd say that's as likely as any deuce to have a sprag transfer case. If that were the case, small tires on the front won't make it bind up abnormally, but small tires on the rear or large tires on the front could, although the size difference would be quite significant..