• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

without water kit

uriss

I have just moments ago received a request for my deuce to do a water rescue. I donot have a water kit for it. I don't want to mess my truck up. How far up the wheel at a slow roll should I go into the water? Thanks (yes searching the TM's but haven't mastered where to find that info yet and this is quickest.

Found the info in the TM! 30 inches without the kit. Older neighbor all the way down the end of my dead end road in three foot of water. Just launched one of my boats so they could get him out. Medical reasons.

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Stay in 1st gear low range. Plug the hole in the bottom of the bell housing. When you are done you have lots of maintenance work to do. Be careful.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan on 10 hours of maintenance and $300 in parts&lubes.

They will do it, but at a cost.

I'd use a boat in anything over 12", if possible.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it's not worth it unless you get big $$$$$ up front. no way i would go 30 inches, MAYBE 24 and then only in clean water, you will pay for it later. get a long cable. winch cables are 200 ft.

Scarecrow1

It is more feasible to just send in a boat it's what they are made for. Save your self a lot of head and heart ache not to mention the money .........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks