• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WIX oil filter troubles

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would still call WIX Technical Support and tell them your situation.
Absolutely... Calling their Tech line might save fifty people the pain that you suffered. And it would let them know they had a problem. Something they can easily fix - or maybe figure out that somebody on their manufacturing line wasn't following the process.

Bmxenbrett

I stopped buying napa/wix filters. I have had this issue with other oil filters. They dont cross over correctly. And there not of super high quality enough to make it worth messing them them.

Bmxenbrett

Baldwin, hastings. Champion or fiberfiner. All made in the USA. Most cost less than when I check the price on wix years ago

Lovetofix

Per my local Napa, their whole Gold lineup is made by WIX and they just drop the #5 prefix off the part number.

Also at both my local Napa’s they have a “Filter Friday” every month when all Napa Gold filters are half price! Makes the oil filters for my 803A four dollars and change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been using FRAM in my MEP003A. Mainly because I previously worked for Honeywell International before retirement. Honeywell made them at the time, but FRAM has since been sold to a New Zealand company.

Bmxenbrett

I'm not sure what filters your useing for an 003a but in any of the oil filter cut open videos the orange can fram are bottom of the barrel. You have to double the price of the orange can fram to get a decent fram filter. Basically there top of the line filter.

Air and fuel filters how ever I find no difference in any of the bigger more industry aimed filters. Baldwin, champion, luberfiner and others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks