• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO a different way to filter!

jimh1985

Ok I have a video here of how I filter my WMO.
It works pretty well and It is also mobile because it is air powered so you can run it off your deuce!!
Let me know what you think be gentle lol.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYC83UP0fdA[/media]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Might want to put pressure gauges on the filters so you know when they get plugged. Also, I have found it helps a lot to thin the wmo with gas or diesel, it will flow much faster.

Tlauden

Good job!

Not going to lie, If it's ok with you I might just have to copy your idea:beer:

How did you attach to the bottom of the propane tank, welded or did you drill a hole and thread it?

jimh1985

First i drilled and taped it, the tank was to thin to do a good job. I used a very old tank the new ones are thicker you may have better luck! Since mien was so thin I welded it and it worked fine after that. I am also thinking of putting a valve on the top pipe and then cutting another tank in half screwing it on and using it as a funnel.

jimh1985

I'd have to find the part numbers, but I was able to pick up the block and filters at Tractor supply. they have them online as well.

Tlauden

Ok thank you! We have a old cylinder out back the fire house that leaks propane bad, maybe I will have to borrow it.. Haha, and I thought those looked like tractor supply filters[thumbzup]

All in all it looks like a very good system, can't wait to give it a shot myself, and I was sorta thinking the same thing about the improvised funnel idea, let us know how it turns out if you do that

Thats pretty slick.

Another concept to be adapted would be to buy an air tank from Harbor Freight or Walmart, or just about anywhere. Many of them have multiple fittings, some in both sides. These found easily online for cheap and could be put to use with your idea.

I like the option of not having to push a lot of air thru keeping the compressor at ease.

thanks for the demo!!!

Mabye

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it should work just fine for small batches. All the handling of a small batch system is my concern. I don't want to spill the black nasty!!!

I intend to assemble a system that allows me to pressurize a 120 gallon tank and filter either directly into my fuel tank or into a 10 gallon fuel jug. I'll utilize sequential filters like you did and post up the good and bad about my plan!

Rick

jimh1985

I thought about using a bigger cylinder but I used what I could get free I would say the whole setup cost be about 110 and thats mainly because i got all of the pipe fittings at ACE witch everyone knows is high priced stuff!! rofl

s1036s

So I didnt have sound when I watched the video. How much air psi are you using or what is required to get the oil through the filters. If it isnt that much pressure, I am wondering if a 55gallon drum could be pressurized to push the oil out through filters and into another 55 gallon drum? Anyway, very nice simple setup.

jimh1985

I ran at 10psi beccause I have a small air compressor its handled up to 50psi so far!! A 55 gal jug will be fine but youl need a bigger compressor to presurise it. I have a 10gal compressor a shop one would do it easy :)

Tlauden

Just throwing it out there, I heard 55 gallon drums "pop" (as in the bottom pops out) easy, and with the bottom pushing out it will not sit level... Not sure what psi they do that at though. I just Don't wanna read about someone getting crushed by 55 gallons of oil in a drum cause it tipped