• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO and what filter grades to use?

goldneagle

I am working on a WMO filtering system. It will incorporate a Military Fuel Water separator rated at 50 GPM. I bought it new a few years ago but never got to using it. I plan on running the WMO through some bag filters first and them pump it through the Water separator. There will be a 11 micron final stage filter after the water separator.

My question is: What is the rating of the secondary fuel filters on the M35? Is 11 microns fine enough for the final particle size to use in my multifuel?

I will have pictures of the setup once i get the part together.

goldneagle

PS...

Does anyone know what the micron rating is on the 4 filters inside the Military Fuel Water Separator rated 50 GPM?

Jimma

I use various filter bags from Dudadiesel in Alabama. They are resasonably priced, ship fast, have a huge selection and a nice web site. I usually filter to either 5 micron or 1 micron depending on what filtlers I have. 5 micon should be good. If you only filter to 11 youmay clog your primary fuel filter on the truck a little quicker.

cbvet

I use 100, 20, & 1 micron when I have time. If in a hurry I might use just the 1 micron & replace it after 100 gallons. That's less than a dollar a gallon.
If I use all three filters, average cost per gallon is about 20 cents.

goldneagle

WOW this thread came to a screeching halt fast! I thought more members would chime in. I know there are plenty of members that filter their own oil. Where are you? :roll:

goldneagle

I am new to the WMO scene. I am currently looking for oil , barrels, and filters to start my set up. I have a 525 gallon ag tank, and a 250 gallon oil tank that I can collect in of fill. I used to see barrels all over the place, but now that I'm looking I cant seem to find any. I have about 100 gallons of WVO that I was going to make bio diesel with I got a HWH and then things came to a halt. I am looking for all the info I can so I can start. Thanks Jim
Actually I am also looking for containers for the oil. I got 3 drums from my friend Don last week. I am looking for a 275 gallon TOTE (Large plastic container on a pallet reinforced with a metal cage) to use as the collection container. I will install it in my M105 trailer and tow it with my Deuce to collect oil from local shops.

If anyone has access to a cheap Totes let me know. i am in Louisiana so I prefer as close as possible.:grd:

I found this tote in Madison, GA. Anyone near there that can get it closer to Louisiana?

Attachments

Last edited:

'48Chevy6

check local waste water treatment plants I got five free just to haul off for them. do you know if 90wt gearlube can be used as fuel they have a steady supply of this also.
Yes, gear oil can be used.

Yes, it will stink.

Yes, it will smoke more than anything else I have tried. I avoid it if possible.

Tim

eagle4g63

I just ran some new(old barrel that was around for quite a few years but still sealed new) 90w gear lube and used some (5gal) mixed with about 10 gallons of diesel. Idles fine but runs a little sluggish. Might not have thinned it enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks