• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO engine problems

HASSON1911

I've found a store called titan machinery who deal with farm tractors and what have you. any ways before i start getting 275 gallon totes of WMO and tranny fluid. i wanted to know if anyone has had problems with it in the multi-fuel engines. what ever it could be. short filter life, valve contamination, injector problems, carbon deposits, fouling out, or short engine oil life.
I know: that i need to filter it. at least 10 micron i'm thinking ill go to 5 to be safe, also to run a blend 80/20 or even 70/30 again to be safe. any more advice would be nice to know to so feel free to share. also i wanted to know how long you have ran it through your motor and how it has held up. thanks guys looking forward to responses:jumpin:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Read up in the alt fuels forum. It has been covered. Yes it runs fine, yes filter the heck out of it, yes thinning it with diesel helps filtering go quicker, 10mic minimum, etc. Truck on!

Jimma

I have run wmo and wvo for over 4,000 miles now. No problems. I flter to atleast 5 microns so that I know its clean. Read up on it and look for wreckermans recipies on it and how he blends with gasoline and diesel.

jrobinson5093

i run 100% wmo i get a the ford dealer i work at. I have been runnin it for about a year now with no problems. I dont filter it like i should so i go through filters pretty regular. I have even started running 50/50 blend of wmo and diesel in my 7.3 powerstroke. Both trucks seem to run better on it and make a lil more power but does smoke just a tad more. They also seem not to clack as loud.:driver:

cyruscat

Wmo

I made a 200 mile road trip Monday into Red River to pick up some tires. First 100 miles was on 100% WMO (filtered to 5 micron) that I usually feed it.
On the way back I filled the fuel tank up with diesel to a 50/50 mixture and after 20 miles or so i noticed it was down a little bit on power. The EGT was lower also but coolant temp was up a little.
Overall the truck liked 100% WMO versus the 50/50 mix.

Your experience may vary:cookoo:

eagle4g63

I've been running anything and everything that I can get my hands on and drive my truck everyday like I did my other vehicles. I've put just over 4,000 miles on it with nothing but mixed stuff. If the oil is thick(gear lube or a straight weight like 50) than I thin it with diesel, gas or kerosene-New, old, or about as stale as it gets don't seem to matter any. I have put vegie in it, trans fluid....like I said ANYTHING I get my hands on!!

Any way, I did change my primary filter to a spin on and it is a 10 micron(water separator) instead of the 30(?) the factory one is and I do filter all my stuff to 10 micron before it goes in the truck.

As stated, a little more smoke: but it does rattle a lot less.

scoutmanadam

i filter down to 1 micron using sock filters with a few rare earth magnets thrown in the first two socks. it takes a long time to filter threw, but i just leave it over night. no problems in a daily driver that does about 70 miles a day and about seven months on it. alot of how it will effect your rig is how much you are willing to put into filtering it. even filtered though i still run about 50/50 and every sixth or seventh tank i run straight diesel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks