• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wmo newbie

rango

ok so i have recently started my own mobile repair company

Rango's Automotive Services - Mobile Auto Repair Brandon FL Home Page

i operate within the immediate tampa bay florida area

in time i plan to use a m1031 as my mobile truck

and i want to have a green/semi green business, so i plan on recycling all the used oils i collect, motor, trans, gear, etc and then using it in the m1031 and possibly wholesaling to local MV and other diesel owners that want to run cleaned wmo

anyways i need visuals as to how to filter/clean it, i scored 2 55gall drums today, so i really wanna start getting the system together

rango

also i have a hookup for WVO, yes i know and trust the source, its my part time employer, and my manager has said i can take what i want from the storage tank outside

is WVO filtered/processed the same as WMO? and can the end product be mixed together? or should it be kept seperate?

i am kinda on a low budget, but i do not want to take shortcuts and risk the quality of my end product, so i need to know the best but cheepest (price not quality) setup

my intital filter system idea is this

sock filter into first stage tank, let settle for a week or so
pump though 30-40micron filter into second stage tank, heat to temp that will help remove moisture
pump though 5-10micron filter into final stage tank

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Be very sure that only fryer oil is going into your supply....not gunk out of the grease trap, off the grill or from any other source. You will play ell filtering that stuff.

If you are getting clean fryer oil it sounds like you have a good system for getting the crunchies out and dewatering.....water is not our friend with diesel engines....especially on that type of truck. I would consider switching to a spin on filter system instead of the stock one...preferably the kind that has a draincock on it. I would use at least two.

Also have a filter on your pump that you use to transfer fuel into the vehicle.

Are you going to use a two fuel system where you crank it and shut it down on diesel and switch to straight veggie or are you going to mix the veggie with diesel. In Fla in warm weather you can prob go 50/50....that's what I run in the diesel Ranger in the summer here.

If you use a switch system you will need a second tank, the Pollack switch valves, a heat exchanger to get the veggie up to around 160 degrees and a bypass system that will not pump veggie back into your diesel tank via the return line.

Good luck with the project.

You are welcome to join the other Florida crew members and join us at this years GA Rally.

alanb

Don't forget about getting a blenders license. It's only $30.00 and .29 cents a gallon and you can also
pay monthly or semi-annually. I'm right down the street from you and have already checked into it. If you
need any info, like the person to talk to let me know I have his name and number.

rango

i work at a pizza hut part time, and the only thing we use oil for is the fryer

i myself wont be running my oil products for at least a year (estimated time till i can jusitfy purchasing a m1031), i just need to get the filter setups together

and yes i would prolly run a premix when i did run the end product, dual tanks seems like to much work and more maintance, i would however prolly still utilize a heater to heat the premix just to be safe, and yes i will run spins just for ease of maintance

and yes i know about the blenders lics, im already getting all my other business exemptions and lics, so yeah its coming lol

grayw0lf

#1 thing of WVO, in my opinion, let it settle for a spell!

The overwhelming majority of all crap & unwanted gunk will settle to the bottom in due time.

Personally, I find cubies much easier to work with than barrels.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Personally, I find cubies much easier to work with than barrels.
The cubies are good. I used to set mine out in the sun during the summer months.....a couple of days out in the boiling Alabama sun and most of the bad stuff will settile out.....pump out all but the last few inches.

I save the dregs for starting fires.....veggie burns very hot.

MikeON

The cubies are good. I used to set mine out in the sun during the summer months.....a couple of days out in the boiling Alabama sun and most of the bad stuff will settile out.....pump out all but the last few inches.

I used to leave the cubies out in the sun, but bears started getting them.

Kalashnikov

If you can feeze contaiminted WO, the water should feeze and be easily removed. I personally use hydraulic filters and a gas powered water pump to filter WO. 50GPM so the tank fills up realtively quick.One you heat it and let it settle, I'd filter it 10 microns and then 1mic if you're selling the stuff.

Mixing is also not an issue. I perfer it since the added BTU of the WMO mixed with the lower power output of WVO balance out.

rango

picked up my 2 55gall closed top drums today, getting a 5 gall bucket next week.

my plan is such:
the 5 gall will be my pre-filter with screens going from 400 to 200 to 75microns, then oil will then move to drum A

drum A will be my heating drum, (guess i get to test my welding skills out again), i will be getting a flange to weld into the side of the drum, im figuring 5in from the bottom, to screw a water heater element into

from drum A after a good heating cycle and a settling period the oil will be pumped though a series of progressively smaller canister filters (25 and 10 micron), into drum B

then from drum B the oil will go though a water/fuel separator and into disbursement containers

i need to try and find somewhere between end of drum A and disbursement to put a 1 or .5 micron filter

rango

would searching or starting your own thread work well for totally unrelated questions to the original topic of a thread?

thanks,

Rango

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks