• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO question

mudbogging101

Hello guys,

I am new to the military truck's but my question is about WMO. So i guess to be upfront can you run WMO in any of the 2 1/2 tons or is it only with specific motors? I have seen quite a few of both the cummins and also the Cat motors are all over the place. I know there is a post someplace on hear im sure to help Slow people like me but i cant find it"lol".Thanks guys for the help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You need to have one with the "multifuel" motor in it. It will say it on the pass side of the block above the alt.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

I do not think a Cummins came in a Deuce and the Cat motor only came in the M35A3.
I would not run WMO in a Cat motor.

mudbogging101

Ok cool. It seems that the multifuel motors are a little harder to find. Is there any way to tell i know of the hurculies motor and the cat and cummins are there any others? Thanks Robb.....

wdbtchr

A lot of people on here throw out that "search the forum" thing freely but don't bother to mention the search function is pretty much useless if you don't know the tricks to using it. The best way is to forget SS's search and go to Google instead. Have Google search the Steel Soldier site for what you need.

If you insist in using the SS search it's pretty much trial and error but note you must put a "+" between each term or it will only search the first word. Since the terms in posts are widely varied in wording a title search may never find the subject, too many "Help or Emergency" subjects. If you search for contents for a given term you will get way too many generic hits that may or may not include what your looking for.

Good luck.2cents

Last edited:

Moye

can anyone tell me how much WMO I can mix in with diesel fuel for my LDT 465 whistler? what's a safe ratio? thanks!

wdbtchr

I've been running 100% WMO in my M51A2 for about 4 years with no problems, even with fuel filters. I filter down to 10 microns before putting it in the truck. My WMO is mostly 10W-30 motor oil with some lower viscosity hydraulic fluid from my tractors and some ATF from my Tahoe and Grand Cherokee. Haven't had any problems pumping it yet.2cents

poppacap

get a centrafuge for sure.i use it and it runs fine im also going to use it in my sand rail with a 1.6l rabbit diesel.i do how ever cut it a little with diesel fuel ,bout 5 to 10 %.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks