WMO users in Ohio?

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked it up you're right most dryers spin at a maximum of 2000 RPMs but some commercial ones spin up to 3900 according to a quick Google search

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked it up you're right most dryers spin at a maximum of 2000 RPMs but some commercial ones spin up to 3900 according to a quick Google search
But you still need the proper type bowl, machined and balanced, to separate out the waste.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so I think I'm close to getting a setup, it would filter 55 gal. of WVO or WMO in 2-4 hours depending on how dirty the oil is. It would be mounted to a drum already, so it would easily fit in most larger SUV type vehicles, vans, and obviously pickups. It shouldn't be very heavy as it would be able to be disassembled. It has a drum heater, pump, centrifuge, and transfer pump. I'd set it up so that you'd have a dirty oil tank, filter in the drum, and then transfer to a clean oil tank.
My question is, what do you think it would be worth charging for say a week's use? I'm not trying to get rich, but just cover the cost of transport and some cleaning items and wear and tear. It of course would have to be cleaned before being returned, but that shouldn't be too hard. And who all's interested??

edit, I actually have it narrowed down to two types of units, a pressure unit and a gravity unit, both about the same price and with heat capability.

Last edited:

Mt_Man

I don't think cat's injection system like wmo or wvo much. But I don't have any experience or heard much about people trying. Heard good things about pre-'03 tdi though. Again no practical experience myself but just things I have read on the interweb.
Sorry I am not much more help. Hopefully some one might know. Cheers

Mt_Man

I googled "steel soldiers alternative fuel cat 3116" and it brought up several threads about alternative fuels. You might have found them already by now

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks