• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO ?

tklm539

Hello,

Someone I work with just gave me 30 gallons of Waste Motor Oil that was left in one of his rental units.

Can I put this in my deuce strait, filtered or mixed with diesel?

I it looks to be all oil, pretty dark stuff. I do not see any water.

Thanks
Tom

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More than 30% might give you starting problems when the engine is cold. Filter it as best as you can. And keep extra fuel filters under the seat. When they clog they never do it close to home.

sak00

ken said:
More than 30% might give you starting problems when the engine is cold. Filter it as best as you can. And keep extra fuel filters under the seat. When they clog they never do it close to home.
That's true. My fault for not looking where you were from. In the south , I'm hotter in the summer and can get away with higher mixtures.

I read on one of the forums about additives like slick 50 etc. harming the engine if it is in the oil used as fuel. How do you know if that oil has such additives? Is it worth the risk in using it? Is it really a problem as I read in one of the threads?

Jakob

yellobronc said:
I read on one of the forums about additives like slick 50 etc. harming the engine if it is in the oil used as fuel. How do you know if that oil has such additives? Is it worth the risk in using it? Is it really a problem as I read in one of the threads?
I'd be interested to know that as well. I have some oil and received oil, but I know some of his additives in it. I haven't turned up anything here w/ searches.

ygmir

bimpyrobb;
one could imagine some of those additives not burning well, or, interfering with the fuels ability to do same.
Also chemical reactions during and after combustion potentially causing cylinder/valve deposits.
I'd wonder about that, too. I save my WMO, but, I don't use any snake oil in my motor oil..........(no offense meant to those who use additives, or, implication of non-performance by same) hahaha, don't want to start another "which works best, or, do they work at all" thread. grin.

I will look for the tread, I read it here on SS quite some time ago, I am almost positive it was in the alternative fuels forum. The reason I recall had to do specifically with the Teflon in some of the additives.

I have a friend with an auto shop where I could get unlimited WMO but that one discussion stopped me in my tracks. Now I just keep the tranny fluid and WMO from my F250 and Duece. All of which I know is free of additives.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks