• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wnat to turn up fuel pump alittle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SasquatchSanta

I dropped out of high school in the 9th grade but later went on to work along side with and paid equal to PHDs. This wasn't because of superior intelligence on my behalf. It was becauses I woke up, went to work and learned how to write. Technically, I still have a 9th grade education.

I too detest the snobs that are quick to point out a occasional misspelled word. Everybody makes an occasional spelling or punctuation error every now and then. I do a weekly newspaper column and I wouldn't dare submit anything for publcation without my editor blessing it. I too have been known to misspell the word deuce.

What I take issue with is the practice of purposly refusing to use proper capitalization and punctuation.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received no formal education beyond a hillbilly high school. I saw no value in learning English and mathematics. I later learned the hard way that using a carefully chosen word is a powerful tool to accurately communicate. There are some ideas I just couldn’t express with the F-word.
I know what you mean. I was the same way :wink:.

When I was in High School computers or the internet wasn't around much, I didn't write letters (I used the phone), and I didn't plan on having a desk job. I still don't write letters or have a desk job but I've found myself on this thing called the internet and trying to communicate to people via sites like this and email. I try to remember what little I learned about english and do the best I can with help from my wife (who is a school teacher) sometimes.

Bottom line is, Kids, pay attention in school. You may think you will never need a certain subject only to find out latter you do and try and play catch up.

GoHot229

Ok, points made..........Still needs to know how to turn up the fuel. I remember all this in the forum addressed about December last year, and there were about 8-10 good instructive illustrated how-to's about just that along with the need of a pyrometer to really do it safely without smoking your motor, so back to the original question.....................HOW?
Westech, that was me...I did give you the credit though........

clutch

its on top of the injection pump just behind where the six lines come out that go to the injectors. there is usually a cover with two 7/16ths head size bolts you must remove to see the nuts. the magic nuts size is 1/2 inch and you need a thin wrench to hold the insde nut and loosen the outer nut. After you loosen the outer nut the inside nut is turned in or clockwise to incrase the fuel rate. only go half a turn at a time and count the flats as you turn. 3 flats equals half a turn. 4 turns made a world of difference but watch the pyrometer if you have one. after you turn it hold the inside nut and tighten the outer nut to lock it making sure the whole shaft doesnt turn as injection pump damage will result if the whole shaft turns. correct me if im wrong guys?

Westech

CPL
yeah its not good if that shift turns.. I think that shaft hooks on to a wire or something that pulls on something so if it twists it can brake off and all hell is let loose in that pump. :mrgreen: or something

rivired

and if your thinking "mine doesn't have that!"

people such as myself (first timers) should know that ,that adjuster pictured is usually covered up by a guard and wires that hold the guard on. and u must remove it to tamper with the adjuster.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent about three hours searching the site and reading the results. The photos posted really helped.

Then I went outside and in ten minutes had the pump turned up. I put a full turn on it and what a difference! It now starts right up instead of cranking for a while and running rough. Second gear starts are now a breeze too.

Think I will go out and turn it down a bit until I get a pyrometer installed. How to do that? Which ones work best? Where to get them? Sigh. Search, search, search.

Search tip: in Google, add a space to your search term and then site:steelsoldiers.com, like this:

"deuce pyrometer site:steelsoldiers.com"

nevrenufhp

joeypushjr1

welll guys i would like to say the info was helpfull and really dissapointed me in the process. why cause you all turned a simple mistake i made about the wrong hitting of the keys and a spelling mistake and turned it into a bash thread and everyone got all huffy on what they thought about the situation....thanks......made me feel all mushy inside that we all acted like a bunch of teenagers....and not Mv lover trying to help someone out.. but to you all that did help thankyou...joe

Westech

CPL
hold the boat guys.. I'm not mad at all! Thats why I post so other can use it. I don't care where or what happens to my stuff that I post. I was just making a funny.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Fellas, something to consider about spelling and punctuation.

I deal with this everyday-I run stuff on ebay for my job. We have 2K + items on eBay. If I misspell "Ford Expedition", then my stuff won't sell. Because when people do a search for "Expedition" and I have accidentally misspelled it "Expadition", the computer won't find it. Our human minds are smart enough to see a misspelled word and decipher what the writer was trying to communicate. But computers only look for exact matches. They simply don't have the capability to find "similar" words.

So we need to try and take an effort to keep everything as accurate as we can. For a couple of reasons. Once, what if you type up an excellent, intelligent, easily understood answer that would help all the members here...... You take the time to type it all up, add pictures, etc., and then no one can find it because you misspelled a couple of words?

Same goes for the other side of the coin...... You just know that you remembered reading a post out there in the past but now you can't find it, no matter what. It could be that you are searching for a word that was misspelled in the original post.

Also, making threads and posts as accurate as possible makes them easier to find in the future, thus reducing the need for duplicate posts and threads, which make the site far more difficult to use.

I personally find it a hair insulting when a poster says "I don't care about punctuation", for all of the above reasons. You might not care, but we do and this is a community. I try to treat others and I would like to be treated. It's my Southern upbringing. :p

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Status
Not open for further replies.