• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wolverine Tech. Centrifuge review

Rodger

I ordered a centrifuge from WT. It has not arrived in a timely manner.
Emails are not returned. The phone is not answered.
My credit card was charged promptly, though.
I am pissed.

Rodger

Yohan

I'm sorry to hear that, Rodger. I know it took some time to get my replacement switch cover for rmine that broke in shipping, but he made good. I'm planning on getting an alternator kit for my five ton from Tim. He answered my emails last month. I hope it works out- truly!

mikey

I'm sorry to hear that, Rodger. I know it took some time to get my replacement switch cover for rmine that broke in shipping, but he made good. I'm planning on getting an alternator kit for my five ton from Tim. He answered my emails last month. I hope it works out- truly!
did you ever get the cleaned oil tested?

JDToumanian

I ordered a centrifuge from WT. It has not arrived in a timely manner.
Emails are not returned. The phone is not answered.
My credit card was charged promptly, though.
I am pissed.
I believe he makes them in batches... Did he say prior to ordering it that they were in stock? What delivery schedule was promised and how long has it been?

Jon

Yohan

Not yet! It's on my list of things to do when I get a chance. The Deuce is loving it in the mean time. I haven't forgotten this thread and my plans. I will post once I get it done!
:beer:

did you ever get the cleaned oil tested?

Rodger

He said he would ship in a week, it has been 3 1/2 weeks.
My order was placed on May 25, it is now June 20.
If communication was better I would be slightly less pissed.
I have a brand new 1968 M109 and can not afford to put fuel in.
also bought two old Mercedes diesels ( one for my wife) and have to buy fuel.

Rodger

mikey

Not yet! It's on my list of things to do when I get a chance. The Deuce is loving it in the mean time. I haven't forgotten this thread and my plans. I will post once I get it done!
PM me when you are ready to get some tested. Perhaps since you are in NY we can meet somewhere and split some pre filtered wmo. You can run it through the wolverine, and I can run it through my PA biodiesel fuge. We can then each send a batch out to get tested. I think we would really have to start with an identical source to get an accurate result.

Mikey

Rodger

I got a phone call from Tim this morning. He told me that he has been concentrating on getting production back on line, rather than communications. He also told me that my centrifuge would be shipped this Friday and should arrive Thursday of next week. I will post when I get tracking information, and again a two or three days after it arrives to report on the centrifuge. I have about 140 gallons of oil to clean, and a good source for more.

My impressions from the internet suggest that WT's fuge may be worth the wait.

-Rodger

Rodger

The centrifuge looks great. It seems to work great too.

I filtered 50 gallons of WMO with the centrifuge three days ago. I put most of the oil in my M109, which I will take for a ride today. I put 5 gallons in my 1978 Mercedes 300D (non turbo), making about 40 percent WMO. The Mercedes ran fine on the WMO. When it warmed up it did not smoke. The exhaust smelled a little odd, but better than french fries. I will increase the percent of WMO soon.

The oil was heated to about 145 degrees F.
I had the valve on the centrifuge about half open (45 degrees), thinking that I would get more time in the centrifuge for a cleaner product. I ran seven gallons of centrifuged oil through a 1 micron filter bag with almost no change in flow rate, so I think the oil is sufficiently cleaned.

Today I opened the centrifuge and was surprised at how small the amount of waste stuck in the bowl was.

Any comments on mistakes I made or ways to improve my technique would be greatly appreciated.

Rodger

mikey

Yohan, how far are you from 18439?

I would love to meet up with you and split a drums of WMO from the same source. We could then run them through your Wolverine and through my PA Biodiesel and have the results tested. I have enough WMO that I can provide you with 55g including the drum.

Thanks

Mikey

Yohan

Hi Rodger,

How many gallons an hour are you running through your centrifuge? I rin mine at about 7 gallons per hour. It's kind of slow, but the oil spends more time in the centrifuge. I was just thinking that you might be running it pretty fast. My WMO was pretty nice oil to start with and I got a lot of gunk out of it after running ith through my cent. I was also advised that I only need to heat it to around a hundred degrees to evaporate any water that might be in there. I guess as long as it's not hot enough to catch fire, it can't hurt anything.

The centrifuge looks great. It seems to work great too.

I filtered 50 gallons of WMO with the centrifuge three days ago. I put most of the oil in my M109, which I will take for a ride today. I put 5 gallons in my 1978 Mercedes 300D (non turbo), making about 40 percent WMO. The Mercedes ran fine on the WMO. When it warmed up it did not smoke. The exhaust smelled a little odd, but better than french fries. I will increase the percent of WMO soon.

The oil was heated to about 145 degrees F.
I had the valve on the centrifuge about half open (45 degrees), thinking that I would get more time in the centrifuge for a cleaner product. I ran seven gallons of centrifuged oil through a 1 micron filter bag with almost no change in flow rate, so I think the oil is sufficiently cleaned.

Today I opened the centrifuge and was surprised at how small the amount of waste stuck in the bowl was.

Any comments on mistakes I made or ways to improve my technique would be greatly appreciated.

Rodger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks