• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

won 1 winch truck in frankfort

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, good deal, as long as it runs. The mount behind the cab, under the bed is the pioneer tool rack.

monkeythumbs

Gimpy I think he was wondering about the thing mounted between the bed and cab thats sticking out above the cab. I have no know idea what it is , maybe some sorta radio mount. Its kinda hard to tell from the photos though. Just saw that you chimed in with the radio mount statement when I wrote this.

Last edited:

tsmall07

Looks like you got a really good deal to me. I stopped watching the auctions there because they went close to my limit fast. I guess I should have stuck around!

Word of advice: I know a guy that went to preview that truck and he said the batteries we completely dead. Bring some spares when you go get the truck.

bc35339

Looks like you got a really good deal to me. I stopped watching the auctions there because they went close to my limit fast. I guess I should have stuck around!

Word of advice: I know a guy that went to preview that truck and he said the batteries we completely dead. Bring some spares when you go get the truck.
Do you know the battiers in the truck i bought are dead? Or are you saying most of the truck had dead battiers?
What else did he say about it if so??

Thanks for telling me about the battiers!

Last edited:

nhdiesel

Nice buy! I stopped watching at the last minute because many were going plenty cheap for me...I was getting teased! I would kill for a winch truck up here. I was watching an M109 that was going pretty cheap too, said it ran.

Jim

boomer

The mast behind the hard top is for a radio antenna.
Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.00 (Monopoly)

BC,
Nice truck, and a great price. The pole that's mounted to the cab is for a convoy light. You can get one through the MVPA guys. If you find one at a show, make sure it's 24 volts.

Last edited:

1qwkgoat

looks like a nice truck. Winch trucks are awesome, truck looks to be in good shape. I only quickly looked at the pics though who knows what little gremlins maybe hidden inside. Be sure to bring fresh batteries, fluids, tools etc.. I paid 1630 for the w/w deuce in my avatar i got lucky and everything on it works. Good luck with your truck

bc35339

I spoke with Mark from G.L..He said that viewing day was thursday. oct.15 So I will be asking off for that day and if I get it and have time i can maybe check some trucks out for others just let me know your lot #. If I cant get off I would like to see if someone could check out my 2 trucks. Ill find out soon if I get off and post it.

Last edited:

greenjeepster

I spoke with Mark from G.L..He said that viewing day was Wed. oct.15 So I will be asking off for that day and if I get it and have time i can maybe check some trucks out for others just let me knoe your lot #. If I cant get off I would like to see if someone could check out my 2 trucks. Ill find out soon if I get off and post it.
What? he told me I can't go out until Oct 23rd:-( I wonder why? Oh FYI he says the remaining trucks will open for bids on the 20th, but are being moved to a different site, would not say where. I would bet Knox or Bluegrass.

Doesn't help me any because I already decided that I will not bid on more until my EUC clears. Don't like tying up lots of money for long periods of time.

Last edited:

tblackbu_77

Nice truck. I won a truck from that auction also 6920. I was more interested in getting one with a heater and cargo cover than a winch this go-round. $940 isn't too bad I think.

Nice to see lots of trucks finding a new home

Attachments

JCKnife

I spoke with Mark from G.L..He said that viewing day was Wed. oct.15 So I will be asking off for that day and if I get it and have time i can maybe check some trucks out for others just let me knoe your lot #. If I cant get off I would like to see if someone could check out my 2 trucks. Ill find out soon if I get off and post it.
You mean THURSDAY 10/15, right? At 10 am? I'll be there.