• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won 2 M818s in Lansing, heading to Albany, NY

Preacherboy

no winch, if I get a chance I'll take some pics. I want to go back and look at it again anyway so that I can get the phone number and at least talk to the guy and find out about the truck.

Preacherboy

Here are the pics as promised, but I still can't figure out a sure way to make money with it. I want to keep the fifth wheel plate on it and haul stuff for folks...just have to line up folks to haul stuff for! And then a trailer to haul the stuff on.

Attachments

L999here

...maybe not..?

That hunk of iron may not be a 'money-maker' as a commercial vehicle...but I could/would use it for hauling my stuff around. Check your PM's....have I got a deal for you...LOL...!!

Preacherboy

L999here, The truck is not mine, I found it for sale. I did talk to the owner on the phone yesterday and he will probably not be interested in a trade because he just bought a m915 as the replacement for this truck.

I really want the truck, but can't justify it just sitting around, I'd have to find a way to make money with it. Hauling stuff around off-road or something. I'll PM you the owners phone number.

citizensoldier

L999here, The truck is not mine, I found it for sale. I did talk to the owner on the phone yesterday and he will probably not be interested in a trade because he just bought a m915 as the replacement for this truck.

I really want the truck, but can't justify it just sitting around, I'd have to find a way to make money with it. Hauling stuff around off-road or something. I'll PM you the owners phone number.
It's hard to make money with them.. They are slow and eat fuel... Any loggers in your area? They might need some help from time to time.. That truck is very clean! What was he asking? All I can think of is helping a farmer to pull grain wagons out of them clay fields down there or pulling out civi grain trains that get stuck.. Oil field work is another possibility?? Or as maybe a mud bog recovery truck but I don't think that would pay much.. lol..

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ted, where at in lansing? I live right on the south side by jolly & cedar. Always lookin to meet fellow members.

You haven't been to Ted's Parts Palace?? And you're so close!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably the largest parts inventory and Hmmwv collection in the state!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glenn was here at my place today. He came with an M813 a helper and a tow bar. He took his M818 that I arranged to have hauled here with my M818. Hope his trip home goes smooth.

glenn

One down, one to go!! We can't adequately thank everyone who has helped. The list is long, including Doghead, Surfdog, Tedg, Citizensoldier, Davep, Preacherboy, Cjtroutt, and others. The trip from Syracuse was long and uneventful, thankfully. The truck is awesome and we are going to try to get it up and running quickly.
Once again, thanks to all of you!
glenn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks