• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a 932A2 yesterday

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We.cut 55" out of a 5 ton dropside bed for JW4x4s 931. We did the bed install at the rally 2 or 3 years back. Came out darn near perfect.

Ddmk18

Where did you move your hydro tank to? Or is it there and I can't see it?
No actually I have a 25 gallon tank mounted in behind drivers side step and custom air filter setup. Reason for that is I use truck PTO for the winch and bed and I also have an additional lines for rear mounted winch and knuckle crane that are not yet installed.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm about 30 minutes from Warner Robins, on the other side of Macon. We just passed the base about a l8ttle while ago for a football game.

I have tools, parts and a place to work on it if need be. I'll have to work Tuesday, but could possibly leave if need be. Hope it's not needed but the offer is there. Good luck.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike is packed up with the tow bar and goodies. The wife has her pillow so off we go in a couple of minutes. Wish us luck and say a prayer for us.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, Jerry bought the bed here in FL and was delivered to my house. I contracted the assistance of ODIron to do the chopping. After countless measurements, the cut and splice was made. I tried to balance the looks of the bed somewhat. The dropside has that raised section in the front so we sectioned the back to where the back and front were about the same length. Here are a couple of pics. In the pic of the bed on the truck, the dropsides are on the wrong side. The short section should be at the rear.

Attachments

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mission accomplished! No real issues other than taking an hour to get on base ( vehicle searches ) and having to air all 6 tires up manually( the CTIS didn't work at all but luckily behaved completely normal after about an hour of driving ). The fan is cycling on more than normal so that is the first order of business to look at. All in all, in my opinion, any recovery NOT requiring a tow bar, is a GREAT recovery.
20150922_112022.jpg
I know it's here somewhere
20150922_112109.jpg
20150922_112138.jpg
Found it!
20150922_112735.jpg
Here is the wife trying it on
20150922_162143.jpg
And her trying to catch me
20150922_191142.jpg 20150922_191120.jpg
Glad to be home!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad your trip went well. Yeah checking in for pickup at the base can be a bit time consuming. I went a couple months back and was in line for an hour. Then waited another hour for vehicle search and such. There were about 20 vehicles in line that morning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks