• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a Deuce fire truck

amgeneral72

So is there a M series # for this truck. I couldn't find one. Not even sure what to do with it but it looks cool.

IMG_1233.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not even sure what to do with it but it looks cool.
Put Marine Corps Fire Service markings on it and display it as often as possible!

That is a really nice truck. I'm usually not into red on trucks, but would definitely make an exception for that one. [thumbzup]

Cheers

dmetalmiki

I would really like to own that truck. Don't suppose it came with the hard suction hoses did it? All I need to finish mine kit wise is to obtain the two hard hoses (2) OR just the ends, (2) from scrap or damaged hard hoses and I could (and would) tig weld them to our green goddess hose ends, perfect. Two leads state-side have failed to follow through despite being 100% positive initially, even to finding a yard with loads of scrap hoses lying around, and offering to have them shipped. so we are back to square one again. The ends we need are for the 4 1/2 inch suction inlet pictured. arrowed and with x mark

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would make an outstanding parade truck as previously mentioned! A little time, effort, and $ and you'll have a unique show piece. I also like the idea of USMC markings.......................

CONGRATS!

fasttruck

Ity is some type of M530 which one depends upon whether it has a foam system for airport use. A M45 is a bare chassis which then went to a builder who supplied the fire pump and body. The completed truck is a M530. Suction hose? There is more than one thread cut for hose couplings. "NH" means National Standard but believe the military (naturally) has a different one. You probably can find hard hose in a junk yard or behind a fire house but that doesn't mean will couple to your steamer.

fasttruck

Attached pics illustrate the point. Some have 2es vin plates, one for the chassis and one for the whole truck.M530B VIN  # 3.jpgM530B VIN #1.jpgM530C VIN #2.jpgM530C VIN#1.jpg

2deuce

I have a M49a2c that was used by a fire dept. They used it as a brush truck. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a deuce fire truck. A little confusing about the numbers. Very cool video. Thanks

ptg530C

adpict2_151.jpg The 530C had a water cannon mounted over the hard top. Both had one rotating light on the roof and a left fender mounted flasher and siren. Check out the TM on them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks