• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M101A3 yeah!

sixb

Still have to do the euc thing but this will be my 3rd euc so I expect it to go smoothly like the previous 2 did. Got it for 387.00 and around 460.00 out the door. Here are a few pictures.
Got this out of Nevada so I'll probably retrieve it with my car hauler trailer.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
COngrats, other than a little stitchin' on the top, looks pretty darned nice. Landing gear jack too! This will soon be your "go to" trailer.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good deal! I just got acouple A2's with the A3 axles, my tires stick out abit. I like how you're are tucked in. Looks good. They pull easy so you shouldn't have a problem towing.

bob95065

That looks like a nice trailer other than the canvas.

I bought one in May from Barstow. It had wood sides and bows and an intact canvas. It had new tires, brakes and fluid. I paid $596 for it. I think the wripped up canvas may have worked to your advantage. Also you have the rear landing leg and the fibergalss sides and bows. Nice score!

I am very happy with my trailer. I had a cord of eucalyptus on it and I didn't even know it was there when braking. Other than wiring the lights for my truck (4 flat connector) I didn't have to do anything to my trailer. I hope yours is in the same condition.

sixb

Thanks guys, from what I can see from the pictures one of the rear lights appear to be hanging also, hopefully everything is in good shape.

Nonotagain

Thanks guys, from what I can see from the pictures one of the rear lights appear to be hanging also, hopefully everything is in good shape.
The hanging light is a Government Liquidation extra special feature. They break them off with regularity with fork trucks. (In reality, they don't give a crap and never learned how to operate a fork truck without banging things up.) Pay close attention to the fenders on your trailer when you pick it up.

There are a few folks on this site that sell a LED version light that is a direct replacement for the broken lights, they're a lot brighter and function from 10-30 volts or there abouts. Makes it much easier than changing bulbs when you need to use a 24 volt system vehicle.

You'll love using this trailer as they pull great, are large enough to insert a full sized sheet of plywood between wheel wells and can carry a whole lot more than the 1 ton rating. Your results may vary.

Congrats on your new toy.

Nono,
Where did you get your information about GL damaging his trailer? If you don't like GL, just say that. But do not accuse someone of something you know nothing about. I have personally seen more damage done by DRMO employees than GL.

3dAngus

Those are my favorite trailers of all. Why not just hook it up and tow it home. You won't even know it's back there if you purchase a pintle/ball hitch for a 2" receiver with a leveler. Available at Northern tool.

Ultra-Tow Pintle Receiver Adapter — 12in.L x 2in. Square Shank | Hitch Adapters | Northern Tool + Equipment

Buyers Products Combination Ball Hitch/Pintle Hook — 2in. Ball,10-Ton Model# 10052 | Dual-Purpose | Northern Tool + Equipment

You might have to mount it to the highest bolt holes for leveling, but they work great.

And I can wire up the 12v LED ($35) lighting that fits right in the 24vdc light holes (if you want to) in just twenty minutes with tie wraps on hand. Congratulations.

Congratulations.

sixb

Those are my favorite trailers of all. Why not just hook it up and tow it home. You won't even know it's back there if you purchase a pintle/ball hitch for a 2" receiver with a leveler. Available at Northern tool.

Ultra-Tow Pintle Receiver Adapter — 12in.L x 2in. Square Shank | Hitch Adapters | Northern Tool + Equipment

Buyers Products Combination Ball Hitch/Pintle Hook — 2in. Ball,10-Ton Model# 10052 | Dual-Purpose | Northern Tool + Equipment

You might have to mount it to the highest bolt holes for leveling, but they work great.

And I can wire up the 12v LED ($35) lighting that fits right in the 24vdc light holes (if you want to) in just twenty minutes with tie wraps on hand. Congratulations.

Congratulations.
Thanks.
Nellis AF is about 6-7 hours away and since I didn't preview it before hand I think it's safer to take my car hauler that has a 10k winch on the front. My wife and I are gonna leave the 4 kids behind and try and make a weekend out of it, if I can schedule my pickup on a Friday in the after noon then spend sometime in Las Vegas. Who knows the trailer may end up being free if I'm lucky or could end up costing a whole lot more lol.

Nonotagain

Nono,
Where did you get your information about GL damaging his trailer? If you don't like GL, just say that. But do not accuse someone of something you know nothing about. I have personally seen more damage done by DRMO employees than GL.
Well drgreg,
I have no personal knowledge of the OP's trailer, but I was present at a local GL location with Atankersdad, Powerhousedeuce and one of his friends and observed a forktruck operator break off not one but 4 lights in a row.
When it was my turn for loadout, I jumped in and moved my trailers by hand so that they did suffer the same fate.
I've had a very good working relationship with the local GL folks, but I saw what I saw.
Your results my vary, but ask ATD about my recovery.

I'll go one step further drgreg, I'll send the OP a set of composite lights for free if you pay the shipping via USPS priority. These would be one of the sets of lights I kept from having broke off my trailers.

DEAL?

Last edited:

sixb

When it was my turn for loadout, I jumped in and moved my trailers by hand so that they did suffer the same fate.

DEAL?
So my plan was to winch it up a low boy style trailer with ramps, my wife running the control for the winch and me doing what it takes to keep the trailer going up the ramps. I am planning on bringing a crow bar to wedge in the hitch for leverage while it's going up the ramps??
I didn't know they would help load it?? A fork lift would be the least sweaty way to do it for sure, maybe I could ask them nicely before hand to be gentle??

Nonotagain

So my plan was to winch it up a low boy style trailer with ramps, my wife running the control for the winch and me doing what it takes to keep the trailer going up the ramps. I am planning on bringing a crow bar to wedge in the hitch for leverage while it's going up the ramps??
I didn't know they would help load it?? A fork lift would be the least sweaty way to do it for sure, maybe I could ask them nicely before hand to be gentle??
As long as your lowboy trailer doesn't have sides, loading it will be straight forward.
A small chain between the rear tow hooks, them your winch cable attached to the chain and the trailer should pull straight up the ramps.
I have inserted a 2x3 in the lunette and used that as a "wheel" to get the trailer on the bed.
My caution on fork truck loading from the side is to watch the lights, and make sure the fenders that stick out a good 6" or so don't get banged up.

Chief_919

Make sure your trailer is wide enough- the A3 axlkes are pretty wide.

Chief_919

Well drgreg,
I have no personal knowledge of the OP's trailer, but I was present at a local GL location with Atankersdad, Powerhousedeuce and one of his friends and observed a forktruck operator break off not one but 4 lights in a row.
I've had a very good working relationship with the local GL folks, but I saw what I saw.
Your results my vary, but ask ATD about my recovery.

I'll go one step further drgreg, I'll send the OP a set of composite lights for free if you pay the shipping via USPS priority. These would be one of the sets of lights I kept from having broke off my trailers.

DEAL?
I have seen it happen a lot as well.

Some GL guys are great, some don't care a bit.

Plenty of damage comes from DRMO employees, plenty comes from Government Liquidation employees.

If I had my way they would be held responabile for any and all damage.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have an ATV? Riding mower? Golf cart? You can easily pull it up with one of those. The tongue is not too heavy, I manhandle mine all the time. I have had good luck towing mine back. Bring grease, monitor bearings and tire pressure. Bottom line is I would think you and your wife would have no issues loading it and I'd probably bet GL will help. Good luck and take pics!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks