• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a MKT90 today on GSA!!! What %#$& do I do with it?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pat, the guy that is stopping by my place this week said he would haul the field cooler back to CA for free. PM if interested and we can settle on a price for the field cooler. If you are not interested, no worries. Good luck with the trailer!

Pat Gray

Here are some pics, sorry for the delay. It did come with 5 MBU V3 Burners!! and all the other parts in the pictures. Missing a lot of items, but I have to take it a step at a time. Not to bad for a $325.00. Thanks to flyfishtrailer he has been a fantastic help in getting the parts I need to get the burners up and going. I cant thank you all enough for the help!! This is going to be a fun project!! I spent over 4 hours cleaning and pressure washing it to get it where its is now.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try to clean up as much of the vinyl as you can with soap and water, then give it a good coat of 303 Protectant to preserve it. Not much can be done for the Nylon carry covers, if you have any.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it is worth, I used a 16 x 16 vinyl tarp to cover my MKT. It is about the same size as the travel covers once it is centered (although I pulled it lower in the back to fit behind the gas can mounts). It will be my default cover and temporary travel cover as I wait for mine to get back from repair. I included a picture (its not held down with bungee cords yet).

Attachments

Pat Gray

Well after doing some searching I came across a guy that was parting out a MKT. I had emailed him and asked what he wanted for the ovens?......$50.00 for both. He asked what else I was looking for, I gave him a list and he set out what was for sale. So for another $100.00 I came home with everything else in the pictures. ( the trailer is mine)

Attachments

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy cow your great steal of an MKT keeps getting better.....what's left to acquire? Just one more MBU and the 2 MBU branch cable? Great find

Pat Gray

Well, just off the top of my head its missing the pots that go in the ovens, cutlery rack, (1-MBU, 2-MBU power cable), grease funnel and trap. I will set down and look at the TM and figure out what else. I just came in and went threw the Cambro's and found a couple with broken latches.
Thank you Chris for all the help!!!

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have pots for the ovens I think. Cambro latches are easily replaced as I had to buy a bunch to fix broken ones on the 40 plus cambro food carriers I have (beyond the 12 in the MKT)

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a grease trap, just not the funnel...no cutlery rack although I think if you started a thread for missing parts you would find a few responses for them. I know there are guys out east sitting on all kids of stuff for MKT's.

Pat Gray

OK, I will start a thread. I am looking forward to getting this fired up and cooking! Hamburger's and Weiner's!! I will get more pics when I have the stoves installed and post them.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am picking up 26 MBU units tomorrow or thursday...won the lot for only 600. I guess I will be fueling and testing those soon too. I have one set aside for you now that I will probably just send up......we can figure out squaring it all up later. I need room LOL.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well after doing some searching I came across a guy that was parting out a MKT. I had emailed him and asked what he wanted for the ovens?......$50.00 for both. He asked what else I was looking for, I gave him a list and he set out what was for sale. So for another $100.00 I came home with everything else in the pictures. ( the trailer is mine)
Ovens with the pots and pot holder usually go for $400 to $600 each, CAMBRO's with the pans inside are over $100 each, drink CAMBRO's run about $75-100 depending on shape, utensils at a restaurant supply store will run you $5 to $20 each, and the big pan as seen in 55, 56 and 58 is $210 without the lid retail (lid is another $160), knives at retail start at $10 and go up quickly. The MKT-Thumb drive has the relevant parts of the CAMBRO catalog so you can order the correct latches (there are three different styles). The pole and rail set for the perimeter is unobtanium. So you stole that stuff big time.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As has been mentioned you got a deal on the new stuff. That extra griddle is worth $100 easy and something you'll probably appreciate the most.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks