• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a wrecker

zb39

Got a M543A2 from Iowa......was in a flood...need to ship it to W PA. Tips and tricks on this truck would be appreciated.....thanks:-D

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought you were all over this one Rat? Weren't you gonna snag it and tell the wife you "accidently" won it? It worked last time. :)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid on a lot of stuff at Lejeune, and won. Wife was mad. I said I 'thought someone would outbid me'.

So I have the feeling if I "accidently" won something else, it would "accidently" wind up on fire!! :twisted:

zb39

Rat, did you actually see it? Just curious how big of a job it will be. Got to get it home first. Haven't told the wife, I'll wait untill it shows up.:-D Am still waiting on 2 dueces and 3 trailers...i may be in trouble.

rat4spd

I didn't go look at it. I've got too much going on to get something like that. It looks like it'll be pertty decent once you wash the river out of it and replace/rebuild any flood damaged gear. I'm not sure how that engine liked sitting under water for a week and a half.

You should've seen the city :oops: WOW.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't go look at it. I've got too much going on to get something like that. It looks like it'll be pertty decent once you wash the river out of it and replace/rebuild any flood damaged gear. I'm not sure how that engine liked sitting under water for a week and a half.

You should've seen the city :oops: WOW.
No wonder you bought a deuce and a GenSet. Next time the ole Cedar River starts rising, you'll be ready!

zb39

I bet, floods are never good. This will be a long term project, i guess I will add on to the pole building to house it. Hopefully it is not to bad:-D

zb39

Anybody have any thoughts on an engine sitting under water for a week or so. i'm glad it wasn't running when it went under.

jwaller

Anybody have any thoughts on an engine sitting under water for a week or so. i'm glad it wasn't running when it went under.
ya. I got a really good Idea that the entire thing is one big pile of rusty junk that is going to have to be replaced. along with anything else that holds water like trans, transfer and all the axles. take a look inside a motor that blew a head gasket and sat for a week much less was filled with water.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Congratulations,I ve been working on mine alot lately,replaced all fluids,replaceing missing parts,and getting ready to paint it.I waited a long time to get one.Post some pics of yours.

zb39

Hey Jwaller, don't be so optomistic, tell me what you think!:razz: Thanks JCjr, I am looking forward to it. I lost a few before this one.

waayfast

I bought an old Farmall H from a buddy that had water in what seemed like every cavity aft of the clutch.Was very alarmed when pure water-then industrial mayonaise-then thick grimy sludge came out of the drain!! Didn't have the time or money at the time(just when IS the time anyway)to tear down and do correct.So I ran a couple of shots of proper lube through it to flush,then filled -----and am still using it daily, trouble free 15 years later.Your mileage may vary---but the point is your wrecker may not be all that bad--lets hope!!
Jim

zb39

Well, I won't deny it......I'M HOPING!!!:-D:-D Will know a who;e lot more when it gets here. Talked to the manager today and he said everything worked fine before the flood...they still have 1 they are useing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks