• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a XM818 Tractor on GL Today

kfleeman

The dilemma is over for me now. I won a 1970 Kaiser Jeep XM818 at Wright Patterson, OH today on GL. Event #3309, Lot #4453. Odometer reads 23,845. Hour meter reads 740. I won it at $3220.

I'm looking to learn everything I can about this truck. REGISTRATION NUMBER: 05E69270. VIN: C12412549. What can you tell me from these numbers? Are there any differences between the XM818 and the M818? Were there any changes or updates to these trucks from 1970-1983? Were any of them rebuilt?

I'd love to know anything you guys can tell me. And for those who will have to have pictures, here they are.

Attachments

beaubeau

Hi Kfleeman. I was the last bidder on that truck, before U out bid me!!! Not Really! LOL I think U got a good truck at a good price! Keep me posted as to how U make out . Phil

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck. I can't believe how many 818s are coming out these days. 818s for everybody!!!!!!!!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great find and congrats I am hardly keeping my sanity knowing I will be picking mine up on March 17th and headed back on a 1,200 mile trek. Are you planning on driving it home too. I certainly would and I bet most of us have done the drive home on at least one of our GL lots. This truck looks very good and I am glad you won it.

kfleeman

Yep, I'm planning on driving it home. It's about a 470 mile trip, so it shouldn't be too bad compared to what some of you have driven. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Still would like to hear about the truck if anybody can tell me anything. I appreciate everyone's encouragement and friendly comments.

ida34

I got one from Columbus a few days ago. Now the wait for EUC. I figured if I ever wanted one now was the time.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great looking truck for the money. If you're not into hauling semi-trailers, put a cargo bed on her and use it around the farm!

The bumpers read 230 SB, 176 CSSB. This denotes the following previous owners:

230th Signal Battalion, 176th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion (both are TN Army National Guard). This might be misleading, as the two are distinct units, but I couldn't come up with a proper match in my online searches of unit structure. It is, for sure, not standard organizational nomenclature for bumper markings.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maddog,

With "ash and trash" units, they often get lumped together with no rhyme or reason, just so there is a higher HQ element to report to in peacetime..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks