• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won an auction, waiting for the EUC to clear on my M998

NCBPhantom

They finally processed it on 24 August after pestering them, I am still waiting for it to clear... I was hoping to scoop it up before winter comes here in New England.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You sent it on 7/19 and it just went to Battle Creek on 8/24, so it sat on a desk for 38 days?? WOW!

NCBPhantom

Yup I complained about it. I was like y'all said 1-2 weeks tops not 5 weeks that is a bit ridiculous. Hopefully it's a bit faster for me since I do have a current security clearance, but I doubt it.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully it's a bit faster for me since I do have a current security clearance
I've got some friends who have had... The opposite experience when it comes to some background checks. Delay... delay... delay...

NCBPhantom

I've got some friends who have had... The opposite experience when it comes to some background checks. Delay... delay... delay...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised with how slow OPM has been. I need a real government job where the less I do, the more important I am and obviously more tenured.

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if having a security clearance will hinder or speed up the process?
I wont help at all, I asked on my first truck. Its just a matter of processing paperwork. Realistically you are looking at 16 weeks for it to clear and then a week or two for delivery if you are going to hire a shipper. Good news is if you buy another truck you are looking at 3-4 weeks for your next EUC to clear.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
You sent it on 7/19 and it just went to Battle Creek on 8/24, so it sat on a desk for 38 days?? WOW!
I just pulled it, according to official turn in spreadsheet it was sent on 07/25. it did not get updated in our system due to an error that we didnt realize until contacted by buyer.