• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won an M101A2 & need some help

Nick54

I recently won an M101A2 complete with side boards and bows - no tarp - from Wright Patterson $445 - $380 trailer - $38 govliquidators.com - $27 taxes. - the tires were shot but picked up a 65% good used pair for $63.00 mounted and balanced at the Goodyear there in Dayton. I got a camo cover from GMA Cover Corporation for $260 shipped. Just a few questions, where can I get the metal hardware for the bows? If you have a cover and store it on the trailer, show me, I need some ideas on how best to do this.
Thanks
Nick

Attachments

Last edited:

Nick54

Ya there are corners on the bows however I have one that someone beat the crap out of. Judging by how hard it was to get them out, I can see why someone beat it with a hammer, It's smashed up pretty bad.

Scarecrow1

I won 101A1 this month and am still waiting on the EUC to clear but I plan to keep the cover in storage along with the bows . I am doing this because like you I was told they are hard to find .I am still trying to find a spare for mine It is a 9.00 16LT 5 bolt pattern...I will keep an eye out for you when I go to pick up mine ....If you hear of a spare close to me please do the same ....

Nick54

Mike, I'll be sure to keep an eye out as I'm just getting to establish some resourses for parts. I'm looking for lights now but I did find a 7 blade round connector with 8' of wire that I will fit with pin connectors and put in place of the oe 12 pin connector. I'll likely keep that in the event I sell the trailer.

Nick

mistaken1

Ya there are corners on the bows however I have one that someone beat the crap out of. Judging by how hard it was to get them out, I can see why someone beat it with a hammer, It's smashed up pretty bad.

I could not tell that from the pictures. There were some on GL yesterday, it is against the rules to talk about upcoming auctions.

2540 - Vehicular Furniture & Accessories at Government Liquidation

2540 - Vehicular Furniture & Accessories at Government Liquidation

mistaken1

I won 101A1 this month and am still waiting on the EUC to clear but I plan to keep the cover in storage along with the bows . I am doing this because like you I was told they are hard to find .I am still trying to find a spare for mine It is a 9.00 16LT 5 bolt pattern...I will keep an eye out for you when I go to pick up mine ....If you hear of a spare close to me please do the same ....
I considered that but then I am worried about the deleterious effects of UV rays on the fiberglass side rails.

I believe I will cover everything with a cheap chinamart poly tarp that I replace once a year or so.

dennisS

Nick54, just wondering...I just went on the GMA website for the trailer cover. I noticed that it was listed as M101, M101A1. Does the cover fit your M101A2?

I am hoping so because that is a great deal.

Dennis

Nick54

DennisS - I'm fairly certain that the M101A1 (M101) will fit, however if you call they will be able to help you get the correct cover. I believe the number is on their web site.
Nick54

c818919

I have the same kind of trailor and I am trying to use a 4 flat pigtail.....is this possible? I noticed that there are 3 wires coming from each brake light....what do you wire together? Help......!

mistaken1

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nick54, just wondering...I just went on the GMA website for the trailer cover. I noticed that it was listed as M101, M101A1. Does the cover fit your M101A2?
I am hoping so because that is a great deal.
Dennis
M101, A1, and A2 all use the same covers. Any surplus place will have the corners. Memphis, Saturn, Antelope Valley, TNJ Murrays, Winslows etc....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks