• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won another 5 ton this week. What is on the front seat?

ichudov

I tend to agree. Those big singles sure look nice but they don't wear as well as the smaller tires,take a pretty penny to replace, don't seem to hold up large loads as well, and rob power from a already underpowered truck. For looks I'd vote for the singles every time but for practical civilian use the duals are much better. Now for somebody that just uses their truck as a play toy (as most here do) I could see the singles working fine.

I buy a few trucks and resell to local loggers, farmers, and such and they don't want the big singles for the reasons mentioned above.
Yep. Call any mobile tire replacing outfit if you have a tire problem, chances are they have the civilian tires in stock and do not have the military ones. Plus, with duals, there is a little more redundancy.

trooper632

Speaking of new tires,,, You might know but for the people that dont know, dont rely on the tires being new if they just have alot of tread, make sure you look and see the build date on the sidewalls, should either have mfg date or DOT then a few numbers that follow meaning month and year. Just a heads up safety issue so people dont have an issue trusting an new looking old tire especially driving in these extremly hot temps.