• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won m1028!

WARWAG

;):beer::-D
Well I dont know why but Im really excited that I won this M1028! It doesnt have tracks. It doesnt have even a turret!.. But it does have camoflauge paint! Here are the crappy GL pics. I know its a crap shoot bidding on GL (you should really take a look before you bid). But im on the road ALL the time and chose to spin that roulette. We will see if I landed on Red, Black or Green when I go and pick her up. Now to get her paid for in the morning and finish up the paper work! Heres some pics.

I picked this one since it had the straightest body and lowish miles. First thing Im going to do is toss the rear camper shell.

Attachments

Last edited:

combatmech

I was interested in the one you got Warwag....good deal for you bro!! I couldnt even think of getting another until the oh-nine is done. Sure does look like Nellis is doing some "spring cleaning" of vehicles.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
No, not a dealer. Wanted one for myself and one to help offset the cost of my keeper and its a reason to go to Vegas! Hopefully I can get one running to tow the other home, thats plan A anyway. Already sent in my EUC paperwork tonight and have an EUC in the works from a trailer purchase so once that first one clears these should too, at least that has been my experience in the past. Ill send you a PM when I'm headed out there. I'm expecting bent driveshafts, dead batteries and bad glow plugs at the very least, hopefully no cracked transfer cases based on the telltale forklift dents.

WARWAG

No, not a dealer. Wanted one for myself and one to help offset the cost of my keeper and its a reason to go to Vegas! Hopefully I can get one running to tow the other home, thats plan A anyway. Already sent in my EUC paperwork tonight and have an EUC in the works from a trailer purchase so once that first one clears these should too, at least that has been my experience in the past. Ill send you a PM when I'm headed out there. I'm expecting bent driveshafts, dead batteries and bad glow plugs at the very least, hopefully no cracked transfer cases based on the telltale forklift dents.

I didnt see any fork lift dents. Hopefully they didnt use a fork lift to move them. PM me when your headed there. Maybe we can do a mini SS meet? What better place than Vegas!

bigredlab

Congrats.

Yes, my son won the M1028 with 18K miles. He is waiting for the confirmation email to get his paperwork going.

We were looking at the one that you picked up as well, but decided on the one with the good lookin' shell (and 18K miles).

WARWAG

Congrats.

Yes, my son won the M1028 with 18K miles. He is waiting for the confirmation email to get his paperwork going.

We were looking at the one that you picked up as well, but decided on the one with the good lookin' shell (and 18K miles).
I looked hard at that one too. But decided on the one I won since it has a really straight body. PM me when you guys head towards Vegas. Maybe the three of us can have a SS meet?

WARWAG

Congrats.

DONT FORGET TO ORDER A CUCV KEY! Dont count on the GL guys to give you a key. You can order them off of Ebay. The one with the black plastic end is sold by a SS member. That way you know you have a key. just my 2 cents worth.

WARWAG

No collusion on your part !!

(So that this thread does'nt get locked so I can't explain myself, you guys correctly bid against each other instead of with each other !!)

Why would the thread get locked? No we didnt know each other and I suspect I paid a bit extra since we didnt. Next time I will ask around before I bid. But that wont be for along time. Maybe next year. I think I ended up paying more than anyone else did for there rigs there at Nellis. Oh well it should be worth it.

WARWAG