• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won m1028!

bigredlab

JeepMan, none of us knew each other prior to the end of the auction and WARWAG posting his elation on this thread.

So the auction was totally legit.

:beer:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WARWAG,
Bought a M1028A2 last summer. IMMEDIATELY took the cap off the rear once I got it home.

BUT, I kept it. I'm glad I did. I found that during the winter, the only thing the bed does is collect snow. So with the cap back on, it will remain dry. At least that's the hope.

So yeah, pull the cap. But don't pitch it just yet. You might find a use for it.

I did.

davidkroberts

good purchases on both i think i was bidding on one of them earlier and am glad to see it went to a list member. I have extra keys here i would bring an extra starter relay and a bosch relay for the altenator with you just in case. I think you can get both for less than 20 dollars at any parts house. other than that the coolant/oil/transmission fluid/ blah blah blah is the same as every other vehicle. These things flat tow very nicely just pull the rear driveshaft. if you have any questions when your picking these things up call me at 7312345135 and ill help if i can. I pick these up all the time so im kinda sorta used to them mechanically

WARWAG

Thanks guys for all you suggestions and help!

DavidKRoberts. Thanks allot. I will look for those parts at napa. I have a trailer lined up for transport. Mine wont be back in time. Thats if My EUC comes back in the next two weeks. Should be back sooner I believe.

DAY 2 after sent to Battle Creek.

bigredlab

My son finally got all of the paperwork in/accepted to work his EUC (took 5 times).

He was quoted "up to 60 days" to complete.

We were planning to drive the M1028 back to L.A. (Los Angeles) Is that a bad idea?

Last edited:

WARWAG

Just check all of the fluids. Diffs,T-case, Transmission and of course the engine. Send me the lot#/sale# in a PM and I will gladly go and look up under it and tell you if the drive shaft has any fork lift damage and tthe tire conditions. I hope to get my EUC back before the 20th. Send me your cell number too and I will call you when Im there picking mine up. I live 4 hours North and will be renting a trailer to pick mine up. I dont want to deal with any "unseen" issues on highway 318 during winter conditions.

It took 3 revisions before my EUC was accepted. The thing is they should have just pointed out all three problems instead of one at a time! Drove me NUTS! For non Government employees they sure act like they are. All of the DRMO GL employees have always been top notch though! The main office is altogether diffrent story.

Last edited: