• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first A3 on GL today

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hit the road tomorrow morning (thursday) for Kansas at another attempt for my M35A3 recovery. Should be there at 8:00 AM friday. I have your phone # Glen and Jeff.

91W350

I work Friday, but if you have trouble in Kansas, call me anyway. I am off Saturday and Sunday with no obligations. I will try to escape early and head over to help. I am hoping you are in for an easy trip home now, you are way past due! Glen

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I work Friday, but if you have trouble in Kansas, call me anyway. I am off Saturday and Sunday with no obligations. I will try to escape early and head over to help. I am hoping you are in for an easy trip home now, you are way past due! Glen
Thanks Glen, call you friday afternoon on the road home.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
needs help

Hey all I'm in Harrisonville MO heading to Springfield and on through to Florida in the M35A3.

The tires are in DESPRATE need to be balanced. I have called the local truck stops and nobody seems a le to balance the 14 50x20 tires.

Can anybody recommend a place along the way that is confirmed to be able to do this?? If so (and if not against the rules) PLEASE post the name of the company, what city they are in and their phone number.

Thanks in advance!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can't help you with a shop. But you could stop by a walmart or something and buy some golf balls. Break down the tires and toss at least three in each.

Alredneck

Banned
Are you sure the counter balance weights are in place if the CTIS is hooed up or disconnected, If disconnected and the triangle cover is off, 180deg back is a kind U shaped bar bolted to the rim, its a counter balance for all the CTIS, if CTIS is hooked up you need that bar, if CTIS has been removed ( which lots of shops do due to leaky parts ) but may have forgot to remove the counter balance. If its there and no CTIS unbolt it and have a better ride!

Alredneck

Banned
Hey man if theres a -10 TM in the map compartment, look in there and there will be pics of the wheel in the PMCS section with all the different things to check! If not hope someone on here has some pics to help, I have A3 rims but all my CTIS stuff is removed cause the are going to e used on a A2!

Flyingvan911

I think T&E tire on Stilwell in Kansas City might be able to. Look them up and give them a call. They do commercial tires and don't mind working on A2 tires. I'm not sure about A3 tires.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great title (not)

Try to use everything to your advantage, like a descriptive title.

Do your tires have flat spots from sitting flat ? We all know the ctis leaks and that causes the tires to fail from sitting flat. I hope your next post isn't "tire blew".

I'm thinking you should have had that truck shipped...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cross posting... People need to learn how to use a forum.

I think after the Ga rally, it's time to weed out some menmbers.:idea:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How come you didnt close/delete this thread and keep the better titled thread?
Probably because this one had better and more informative responses.

You also might want to check for tire separation, A3's are prone to tire failure it seems anyway.

RealCavDog

Pretty sure this thread was started on the road, after several weeks of fighting multiple attempts to recover this truck from Kansas, so maybe I may be a bit more understanding of the possible confusion, and what has to be massive amounts of frustration . . . just saying guys.

I do tend to agree with the shipping idea though, especially in light of the whole adventure !

ApopkaFL

Banned
Just got off the phone with Steve he is in lower part of MO. They have stopped for dinner, I advise him too turn off the CTIS and see how it rides. He plans to call me back once they stop for the night I will post a update...

Rodman

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll: For you, I'll start today. (if that's what you want).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks