• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first GL auction, 5 ton m931 Indiana

zeisshensoldt

As the title states, I won my first GL auction yesterday afternoon and it being a 5ton m931a1. I rang up GL in an attempt at extending the removal period beyond 10 days so I could try to straighten out transporting options, but to no avail they declined my request. I don't know if anyone has suggestions or if someone is near the Indianapolis GL site that could perhaps hold it while I work on sorting out transporting. I'd have no problem covering the cost for that.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have had good luck with uship when you get bids it will include their dot number and with that its easy to google and find their direct phone number

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Show them you are working on. Communicate with them. Once they see you are TRYING, they usually work with you. I just experienced this. The thing you can't do generally is just call up and ask for an extension. Sure, there are site managers that will do this for you, but those are the site managers that recognize you as a longtime buyer.

jw4x4

I wish mine came with keys. I had to cut the locks off the steering wheel chain. Waste of some perfectly good padlocks.

Artisan

If push comes to shove find a local tow company and ask for a removal an storage, READ THE FINE PRINT before agreeing. Ultimately find a recognized SS member to do a pick up and store, again do your homework. A list of folks whom do these services would be AWSOME here at SS, every state covered.

bigbird1

Not to change the subject, but who got the one with a broken drivers window? When I looked at it you could make out a round shape, like it came to a sudden stop, hope the guy or gal was ok!!!!

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ziess,
-did you get some assitance?? don't hesitate to call. Good connection at the GL site in INDY.
JC

chux72vette

Zeiss, I got your PM this morning about you having trouble in Washington, PA. I am gonna reach out to anybody I can think of to assist you. I will keep up with ya and try to call ya around 8AM. Hate that your having recovery trouble but will see what I can do. I'm 45 minutes or so from you but have some appointments going up north to Butler PA. If you don't get it going soon, I can come and try to help later today when I get back. I sent you back a PM with a little info. I have 2 charged batteries (12V), that might assist in starting but you may have other things going on. See if you can download a TM on your phone/laptop etc...I only have a book on the M35's. Good Luck, Chuck~

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks