• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first GL auction M1008 (FT Lewis)

ABN173

Well forget that idea......I was going to stop in and crank it up to let it run but the GL site manager asked why and I honestly said why I wanted to stop by and I was told "It is not your truck yet, you have not been cleared for it yet" I said well I have paid for it already and he then said "If you want to argue about it I can have you escourted out of here" At this point I defused the situation the best I could saying I would leave, and that I just wanted to keep the charge up on the batteries. I guess they had someone steel and pilfer stuff so they are cracking down, but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. (oh I was in duty uniform/ ACU's too):| Maybe the guy had a bad day or something who knows sorry but at that point I did not even feel like asking about the other vehicles.

CW2 Dale Campbell

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, I'm heading out in the morning to recovery my first CUCV. It's a M1008 out of Mechanicsburg, PA. I'm much more familiar with the Deuce and what to look out for on a recovery. But have no clue with the CUCV as far as a "sticky" about recovering such a vehicle. I did preview and think the batteries are down, but other than that......

Do they have the same potential runaway issues, etc.? I plan on towing home on trailer with one of my deuces, so only need to get it running for a short bit to drive onto trailer. Any advice is greatly appreciated, as always.

Eco

ABN173

Eco,

I am fairly new to MV's (at least as far as GL recoveries and actually owning my own) I can tell you some things I have read here on SS, perhaps others will read this and chime in also:

1. Each site is different depending on who is running things or limited manning etc... so I would call ahead.

2. They should have some limited help such as slave cables etc...

3. Bring a extra few gallons of fuel since the gauge may not be working (I noticed mine was inop or stuck during my preview.

4. A couple of quarts of all fluid types would be acceptable to bring they just don't want you performing real work on site (at least not up here at Lewis)

Good luck on the recovery,
Dale

ABN173

1st time EUC cleared in 10 days, yes I am excited, I would pick-up today but they start locking the yard up at 2:30 and its 3pm already but tomorrow will be soon enough. I needed this like last week when we were without transportation due to unexpected engine rebuild on our primary vehicle. I probablely will not be able to sleep tonight lol

Dale

MilitaryRestoration

the site manager and assistant manager are both great friends of mine... dont take it personally but they have to be like that with people, unless they truly know you. If they weren't like that, then when you had your euc and all paperwork to pick it up, how would you feel if your truck had been started over and over again improperly by someone, or had the truck been in a previous sale but then defaulted, you would then be yelling at them. So they have to be like that because of the previous stupid people. Just how all of society works, we are punished because of the ediots before us. They are excellent people at Ft. lewis and I have never had better treatment, even before knowing them and compared to the many other sites i've been to.

Ditto m1075, id know if a het was there, because I would be in it ;-) Still want to see one in person so badly :-/ besides my computer is tired of being drooled on over those hets haha
That am general 'het' but not a 'het' ;-) was a concrete truck that shipped out over seas last tuesday. I gotta watch them load it up :-(

Does anyone want to sell a blazer they got from ft. lewis?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks