• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won One Mep002a

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been trying for quite some time. Main question would be Battery, Make, model, type, that seem to be most cost effective and dependable. Any other thoughts would be helpfu as well. I own 4-M101 A2 trailers, so I'm up to speed on them. Would like any suggestions on the rest of it, and looks my addiction has moved up a level.
Bob.
:mrgreen:

m38inmaine

Original would have been 2 12v 2HN batteries as used in the M series jeeps. There is a commercial one that is real close, 51R or something close to that, do a search for 2HN. Clean/flush fuel system and change the filters/oil. Buy the original Fram brand filters and you won't have any fitment/gasket issues. Report back when you get her fired up.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations! When you flush the fuel system, don't forget to clean the strainers in all three fuel pumps. It only takes a few minutes. Ditto on the Fram fuel filters. I found mine on Amazon for a good price and arrived in 3 days.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking set you ended up with. I hope she runs good for you and makes power. There is a thread out there that someone found the OEM filters pretty cheap ( I don't remember what it is right off hand, but one supplier is race-mart.com ). Also, I have the spin-on oil filter conversion available for the oil filter if you would decide you wanted to go that route.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! Did that spool & wire come with Her? Did you get the BII in the tool box also? I hope that spool of wire is still there when I pick her up!!!! (By the way any thoughts on what guage and size). I just won it 9/23/10 and my EUC was sent to Battle Creek 9/24/10 so I feel hopeful of quick EUC. What is a BII????. Thanks.

treeguy

Congradulations! I have the same rig, in regard to the batteries, any 625 cca should work in series to make 24V. Mine are from Duralast, they are skinny about 5 1/4 wide. When the jenny is healthy it doesn't take much for them to turn over, mine is fairly quick with the use of the glow plugs. Now heres the important part: if you can't get it started and have CHECKED EVERYTHING and have fuel to the injector pump but can't get any fuel to the injectors I feel your pain. I spent 2 months trying to track this down. When these sit for a long time the injection pump shaft siezes up as well as the other internal moving parts. If the shaft spins while cranking you can shatter the drive washer that turns the guts. I had orderd a NEW pump and it didn't work but it was because it had no timing button so I took apart the old one and found the shattered washer. I welded it back together an sanded it smooth to fit. Once you lube and free up the internal parts it WILL work great. The pump has tight tolerances so it siezes up easily. Just lube it with diesel fuel. Also the TM's drawing of the pump may or may not match what you have. Don't worry its not very scary to work on. Good luck!:)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks