• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wonder what this means?

Tackettr

I would guess this has something to do with the military switching to DOT5 brake fluid, but that is just a guess. I would like the know your findings also.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently there were some MCs in the system that weren't TACOM approved. Depending on the level of maintenance, try TM 9-2320-361-20 and TM 9-2320-361-34.

jasonjc

The deuce does not use a "Hydravac". vac= vacuum, the deuce uses presure. Does the map box door fit another truck? like a M37 or m715?? Or is TACOM just useing the wrong wording??

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your truck has a hydravac it would be one of a kind. Don't know where you'd get your vaccum to run a hydravac if you have a multifuel.

number9

My truck has the same sticker on the glovebox and also came out of Toole Army Depot. I found this thread while searching trying to find out what it meant.

Anyone have an answer?

Attachments

BugEyeBear

Perhaps they used a "standard" sticker to simply indicate that an approved M/C & booster has been installed??

(i.e didn't have one that said "hydrapress"??)

number9

Okay, but what I am after to find out is "TACOM approved" of what? What is different, approved, whatever about the master cylinder than one's that aren't? What was the issue, problem that this change was made and is significant enough to have a big yellow sticker placed on the dash to notify the occupants that this master cylinder is "TACOM Approved"?

number9

Does anyone have answers about what these stckers mean? Surely some of the MV experts on here know what this means or some info / history?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks