• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wondering about any kind of military wave runner

I have a wave runner that I am planning on repainting. I was wondering if any branch of the military ever used wave runners or personal watercraft. I am looking to paint it to look the same if so. Any help would be great.

Eric

Atomic

The coast guard uses them in a few areas of the country. mostly high profile stations that get SAR or a lot of public affairs cases. I believe station Miami might have a few. Having said that I would NOT paint it with USCG markings as they will be kind enough to take it from you for impersonation a federal asset. A guy painted a Robinson R44 with uscg markings and even saved a life with it. The USCG was not impressed and he was fined and lost his helo.

They may no longer use them. Last I heard they did but that was in 08 before I got out.

Does the USCG even count as military??!!!rofl

It would have been cool to see a olive drab waverunner with a M60 on the bow though,....

Russ

Attachments

Last edited:
How would painting my waverunner USCG colors be any different than my M818 painted in 383 camo? It looks just like a military and I don't get bothered for "impersonation of a federal asset". Just wondering.

Eric

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you have current unit markings of an active duty organization (bumper numbers and unit designators) on a military vehicle that is still in active service you are impersonating a Federal Asset.

Vehicles that are obviously collector items or obsolete are exempt. See Gamma Goat and GOER.

It is the same with uniforms.....I still wear my ACU's but I do not put the US ARMY or any unit patch on my shirt.

I think BDU's have reached their wear out dates and can be worn with all insignia and tabs on them for events and re-enactments.

KsM715

There were some personal watecraft sold on GL that were remote controled and supposedly used as navy target drones.

Atomic

There were some personal watecraft sold on GL that were remote controled and supposedly used as navy target drones.
You are correct. My crew and I shot one to pieces. Most fun I ever had on gunex. A REAL moving target!!!!!!!:lol:

How would painting my waverunner USCG colors be any different than my M818 painted in 383 camo? It looks just like a military and I don't get bothered for "impersonation of a federal asset". Just wondering.
The coast guard in addition to being the fith arm of the military is also a federal law enforcement organization. Bad ju-ju in painting something to resemble a CURRENT asset. It would be the same thing as painting a dodge charger with your local LEO paint. The CG AUX has the authority to paint USCG AUX on the side of the hull and fly the CG AUX flags and even help out with SAR and traffic control durring events. For the most part they are wonderful bunch but from time to time they do step outside their jurisdiction.

With that said a number of older decomisioned boats and cutters sport CG liverly and it is pretty much akin to buying a old MV. But they do not fly the engsign and have no authority.

The CG is great bunch but they either get great press or absolutley abismal press in a situation. Katrina=fantastic/Oil spill=terrible. So they are pretty guarded on assets and anything that may give them a bad name.

Respectfully,
Russ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks