• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won't build air pressure?????

hellrayzor1

HI ALL!!

Well I just replaced all my wheel cylinders and master cylinder , bled the brakes and was all happy I now have a brake pedal that doesn't just flop to the floor. Halfway down it gets solid like it should :). BUT......now I don't get any air pressure and there is air flowing out of the vent by the air cleaner. What did I do???? Is it something to do with the airpack? Any ideas what to look at first?? It got great air pressure pretty quick when the master cylinder was dry and dead.

Thanks, Mark (Not a total deuce newbie anymore :p )

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a governor on the firewall right next to the air filter. Is the air comming from the vent hole on the governor?

bugei

did you rebuild your air pack? if their is a problem in it (like the error in the tm), it can cause air and brake fluid to come out that vent

hellrayzor1

I didn't rebuild the air pack, got in a hurry and didnt want to wait for the rebuild kit. Guess I should have ordered it to begin with, now more delays. :( Thanks for the advice, I will pull it out tonite and tear it apart and see what may be the problem.

Thanks , Mark

hellrayzor1

ITS FIXED!!!!!

I pulled the cage section off of the airpack and found the exhaust valve was stuck open. Cleaned it up nicely and put it all back together and PRESTO!!! ..... air pressure like its suppose to be :) That obnoxious buzzer finally turned off rofl

Mark (Not so newbie anymore) grease under the fingernails equals knowledge!;-)

bugei

cool deal on a problem getting solved without a bigger hammer. when you go to do the rebuild MAKE SURE that you read and understand the stickies about the error in the TM. don't ask me how i know. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks