• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wont shut off why?

jdcucv

I own 86 CUCV with HUMMV engine and had a no start hot problem I was told by some diesel guys the fuel sielnoid could do this so I put mine from my old IP on now engine wont shit off at all until I pulled a fuel line and let it die. Whats wrong and was pulling the line a bad idea? Or is that the only way I could have turned it off because something is wrong with the fuel shut off? Need help. Thanks for your adive.

Blood_of_Tyrants

A stuck fuel solenoid could do it. Give it a good rap with a screwdriver handle. Fuel starvation isn't bad, it is just a pain to get the engine running after the IP and injectors are full of air. Next time pull the air cleaner and choke the air off.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need a quick way to shut it down, pinch off the return hose that comes outof the top of the pump and goes to a metal line along the front of the engine

mangus580

If you switched the top cover, there is a good chance you have it together wrong.

Also... did you have the humvee solenoid on it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks