• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wont start when its hot

mezc

If you have the glow plugs still with the controlling card, then when is hot the plugs are not coming, isn’t it?

If this is the case another cause could be the batteries or the starter, without glow plugs your diesel engine relies in the compression you can produce cranking, for that you need a minimum rpms (someone knows how many) to generate that compression, in that root cause analysis weak batteries (or only one) or a weak started could not be cranking strong enough to bring that compression to ignite the fuel..

So before changing IP fuel related stuff, maybe a simple test could be try another set of batteries or maybe try another starter or bypass the glow plug cards and light them up with a hot engine, if it starts then the IP/fuel is ok.

good luck:cookoo:

notsosanestan

it does't smoke at all when its hot so i think its the fuel. i might just change the starter just to make sure it was getting really hot. the solenoid is only 50 bucks tryin to find the gasket and washers to install it is the hard part

notsosanestan

okay ordered a new started just also i was trying to start her today and it was going really slow. the batteries are charged the weird thing is when i turn the key the wait light turns on the voltage isnt to high then i hear a click and the voltage goes back up then it will click again and it will drop low again? where is the power wire for the glow plugs supposed to be? on the back battery on the negative?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks