• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won't Start...

dalej

I had left the lights on and ran the batteries down. When I charged them all back up, the On/Off switch above the start button didn't do anything. It's like the batteries are disconnected. There is 12 and 24 volts at the relays and the lights all work, but there is no noise when I hit the switch.

Is there a relay between the switch and the rest of the 24 volt system? I hear a noise when I toggle the switch, it's a slight noise coming from the passenger area. Anything I can check?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
it sounds the the batteries don't have a good charge on them. Did you remove them to charge or charge in place? If you removed them sometimes a loose batt connection will cause headaches. There are things that will cause your truck not to start is the trans ecu is not happy. In the relay panel is the starter relay its center towards the bottom of the panel the diagram will show it. Take the relay out jump the top and bottom connections see what happens. Make sure power switch is on. Report back.

dalej

It ended up being the ignition relay in the top center area of the panel. My wife listened while I rocked the switch and she found which one it was. I switch it with the horn relay and that was it. The horn still worked with the other relay.

dmetalmiki

Ah the benefits of having a soldier two..and some persuance. Well done. (Another hint to file away in the "hints and tips for kiddies" file).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks